Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would give the scheduled charging feature on my e-niro a spin to check-out it's functionality.

I did the scheduling in the UVO app, setting it to commence at 9pm and to finish at 2am the following day. I set the maximum charge to 50%. The soc was 16%.

I checked at 9.30 to check that it had commenced charging, which it had.

I rechecked via the app at midnight, it was still showing charging.

The next morning I checked on the app. Charging had ceased and the soc was showing 50%. So far so good.

At the car I discovered that I could unplug the cable even though the car was locked馃

I am aware that this feature (auto plug unlocking when charge complete) can be selected with the button to the right of the steering wheel, so I checked if it had inadvertently been pressed....it hadn't (indicator light was off).

Two questions...

Is it correct for the charging plug to unlock subsequent to scheduled charging completion?

As I was charging using the granny cable (2.2 kW), the car would not have charged to 50% in 5 hours, which suggests that the charge did not cease at the scheduled time but continued until 50% had been reached. So, is it the case that the scheduled stop time is overridden, allowing the charge to continue until it reaches the set is value?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In your main settings there is also one for when to unlock the cable - see what that is set on
Ok thanks, I'll check that tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts