Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Second edition coming out next year. Higher price. Production March 2020. First deliveries August 2020. Unsure sure on spec. More info likely to be released next week.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It will be lovely to have the revised dash and infotainment system that was shown in Geneva on the phev Niro as well as the missing features like phone app and led lights, sunroof...but they could all come at what I am guessing will be nearer 36k after grant.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I have a very small amount of hope that the imminent arrival of alternatives will cause Kia to keep the price below £36k of the top spec and even slightly reduce the lesser models!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have a very small amount of hope that the imminent arrival of alternatives will cause Kia to keep the price below £36k of the top spec and even slightly reduce the lesser models!
I'm hoping the id and seat come in 30k for top spec. In which case 36k for an e-niro becomes a ridiculous amount forcing them to drop the price. The model 3 is shit spec for the cheap one so isn't a competitor

·
Registered
889 Posts
Carwow pricing is just under £34k for the eGolf, so it's within the realms of possibility that VW/Seat pricing will be similar to the Niro or Kona, although I can imagine that once you match specifications the VW will be 20% more.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I like that all production stopped on the niro range inclusing the e-nrio as they are all having a facelift and a few new things added to the spec and of course price rise £1k

·
Registered
135 Posts
I read it on a forum from a guy that asked the dealer about the 2nd Edition, that was information he was told whether the dealer got it wrong remains to be seen.

This is what was stated "Dealer mentioned that orders for eNiro, PHEV and Hybrid were suspended on April 1st pending release of facelift car details. He said improvements were a 10.3 inch centre screen among others. Also said there were more colours coming for eNiro. I wonder if those of us with cars ordered for early 2020 will be able to opt for a new colour and will benefit from the facelift update" Kia e-Niro UK Interest Group Facebook

·
Registered
120 Posts
e-Golf on CarWow £27,416 plus extras or pre-registered for £25,590
But why would you? This is a converted ICE not a ground up EV.

·
Registered
135 Posts
the VW ID range looks interesting ID Crozz would be available from 2020 but no price or anything yet but expect it to be more than the e-Niro

·
Registered
889 Posts
We're not suggesting the eGolf is a proper alternative to the Niro or Kona, rather, we're looking at whether VW are likely to use their brand to set the price significantly higher. And I don't think they will, despite seeing there's pent up demand they also know what the market will bear.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I like that all production stopped on the niro range inclusing the e-nrio as they are all having a facelift and a few new things added to the spec and of course price rise £1k
Production stopped because Kia's suppliers can't give them any more batteries this year.

Kia e-Niro nearly sold out; lead times set to increase

That issue is likely to remain “a restraining factor for at least another 12 to 18 months” according to a Kia spokesperson, despite the battery suppliers (Samsung and LG) doubling production output this year.
Teslas strategy of building an enormous battery factory looks like it might pay off.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
You can at least buy one. I think the Kona with the small battery would be a better option for the price, but orders are closed on the Kona and VW do have e-Golfs for sale.
If you want an EV and don't need a longer range then it is still a great car, my wife doesn't want to sell ours yet.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts