Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get a spare wheel for the e-Niro. We haven't had a flat for nearly a year but in the 18 months previous we had 4.
I assume the wheels from the other Niros, and probably other Kia cars, will fit but I've no idea where to start looking.
I'll possibly fit winter tyres later in the year but would buy 16" steel rims so I don't need to swap tyres twice a year. I could use one of those for the spare, but I don't know if it would fit in the well in the bottom of the boot. I guess until there's an e-Niro we can look at we won't know how big that space is.

Anyone else been looking?

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it'd be a terrible irony if you happen to order four wheels and had winter tyres fitted, and were all ready with them and still waiting for the actual car!!
That made my laugh, but don't go there. I don't think it's that bad, just disorganised or so restricted by head office. The lack of info doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
272 Posts
So my spacesaver Prius 135-70-16 tyre is OK and will fit the boot storage, but what is the hub specification? i.e. my Prius is PCD 5X100mm, 54.1mm centre hole, and 45mm offset.

It is also embossed J16X4T DOT 1005 TX25. I have no idea what that means except 1005 is probably the manufacturing date. Can anybody translate please?

I am sure the E-Niro will be different but what spec to order for the 135-70-16 tyre?

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looking around online it's 5 holes and 114 pitch circle and looks like a 40 offset, doesn't look like the Prius wheel will fit.
There is a website here that lists the spare wheel and jack for £140.
I will be getting a spare but may wait until I have the car to check it all fts. I'm glad I bought one for the Golf, used it twice now in the last year.

·
Banned
195 Posts
looking around online it's 5 holes and 114 pitch circle and looks like a 40 offset, doesn't look like the Prius wheel will fit.
There is a website here that lists the spare wheel and jack for £140.
I will be getting a spare but may wait until I have the car to check it all fts. I'm glad I bought one for the Golf, used it twice now in the last year.
Thats lucky but unusual, replacing the jar of gunk and pump has acted as puncture insurance for me for 11 years. Never totally convinced some of the spares I bought would actually fit but never had to find out.

·
Registered
272 Posts
So, any suggestions for the specification for the metal rim bit that would connect my rubber 135-70-16 tyre to the E-Niro wheel hub so I may buy one and transfer the old Prius spare wheel over to the E-Niro and save a bunch of money.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The original Kia spare wheel kit is available for that price.
The only spare wheel that is available in the accessories section is a full sized alloy wheel without tyres. It is more expensive than the KOM wheel (which includes the tyre, tools and a bag).

This is what is on the Kia website:

Alloy Wheel Kit 17"
C5400ADE00

£225.00

"Suwon" Design 7.0 x 17" - use with 225/50 R17 tyres

All prices include fitting and VAT
Price per wheel excluding tyre

The KOM wheels are made from aluminium so should be lighter than the usual steel space savers or the full-sized official Kia alloys. Road Hero alloy space savers are more expensive than the KOM ones.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts