Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Driving up through Germany, making sure the battery stays warm for the next charge馃槈

Managed to get an indicated 114 mph on the speedo, GPS was saying 169 kph, so 105 mph.

One thing I have noticed with the e-niro is that it is so much more efficient than the Leaf at speed. So currently using 1% per 3 km when driving at a decent speed on the European motorways (I use 1% per 2 miles on the UK motorways). Once I have my buffer of 10% predicted for arrival at the next charger, I know I can drive faster and monitor the predicted percentage.

All good fun, and a blast up through Germany is a nice end to our European holiday.

Currently charging at Aachener Land Nord Ionity, ready for our non stop drive through Belgium and France tomorrow to the Eurotunnel.

Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
Since I'm going to get an e-Niro in a couple of weeks I am curious as to what 'decent speeds' are :).

I was hoping to be able to do 280 km (174 miles) on an 80% full battery going at 110 / 115 km/h (68 / 72 miles thereabouts). From what you're reporting that looks feasible.

Registered
Since I'm going to get an e-Niro in a couple of weeks I am curious as to what 'decent speeds' are :).

I was hoping to be able to do 280 km (174 miles) on an 80% full battery going at 110 / 115 km/h (68 / 72 miles thereabouts). From what you're reporting that looks feasible.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Reactions: Xinix

Registered
Discussion Starter #4

It's around 80mph, sometimes hard to achieve with roadworks and traffic, when cruising at 100mph on the speedo (apx 92 mph GPS) it was only just under the 3km per 1%.

Registered
Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
I鈥檝e not tried a long journey at speed yet but I was on motorway using cruise for 17 miles today (74mph readout, 70mph actual) and the car was showing 3.5m per kWh. If 80% is 51kwh that only works out at circa 180 miles. Is the car more efficient than its readout suggests or is my maths wrong?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts