Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now many drivers have had some months of experience what tyre pressures are being used and why? Do you change for different conditions, e.g. long runs at speed?

·
Registered
283 Posts
When I received mine, the dealers had pumped them up to 40psi whereas the manual recommends 36psi. In the end I have settled on 38psi as a happy medium.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Likewise I've settled on 38
So the fluctuate between 37 & 39 when driving

My car arrives with them at 48psi

Sent using Tapatalk (I'm on my phone so sorry for any auto correct screwups)

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
I pump up to 40psi. The Leaf had the same size tyres and I found they didn't wear evenly if the pressure was lower, middle had more tread left, so I stuck with the same on the Niro.
So far they look quite even after 16500miles, the fronts are about 3.5-4mm left and I'm about to rotate them

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I'm boring and follow the manufacturers recommendations... so 36.
Actually 35 when cold. It'll be 36 or so after a few miles. On a motorway run it'll increase to 37.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Now many drivers have had some months of experience what tyre pressures are being used and why? Do you change for different conditions, e.g. long runs at speed?
I'm using about 39psi. It has always amused me that different tyre pressures are recommended for different load configurations etc. How the * do they expect anyone to be constantly varying the pressure. A compromise is the only answer. That said, you do need to add air as the temperature drops towards winter and let it out again in the spring. Also, I once drove from Holland to Switzerland and wondered why the ride was so harsh. Travelling in the opposite direction you end up on underinflated tyres. Dynamic pressure adjustment would be a handy gizmo.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Fill mine to 38psi after a short drive. Seems to settle around 36/37 cold.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts