Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

e-NV200 Battery Degradation

9K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Tokyodrift 
#1 ·
Apart from views of armchair 'experts', does anybody have any actual first-hand data on e-NV200 battery degradation? Is it as bad as the Leaf?
I like the idea of the van in its 2018 onwards capacity, but often wondered how the 'cooled' version of the 40kWh stands up.

#5 ·
My 24 is still soldiering on at 82%, 142,000 miles. No complaints
That's terrific - very few LEAFs have done as well.

Out of interest - how often do you Rapid charge and what proportion of charging is on AC?

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply. With over 140 thousand miles under its belt, I assume it's been a good reliable van.
I'll be looking for one (or the usual diesel Transit/Vivaro etc.) in 2 or 3 months' time, but wanted to be sure an eNV200 would be reliable, and go at least 100 miles on a full charge.

#4 ·
I have 93% after 45kkm (28 thousand miles) on my 40kWh Evalia, so I think 82% is really good. Here is the chart showing degradation numbers over time since I have purchased the car. Even though both 24kWh and 40kWh have forced air cooling of the battery, apparently the configuration of the ECU was not changed to account for higher heat generation in more power-dense 40kWh battery, so it is much less effective than in the 24kWh version. Unfortunately the ECU is located inside of the battery, so it is nearly impossible to change the parametrisation without opening the battery itself. This was one of the reasons why I decided to install battery extender from Muxsan. I did not want to void the warranty of my battery among other things. Consequence of this: my 7 seat Evalia is now officially a 4 seater due to higher weight of the vehicle.

Here is a chart showing the values SoH over the Odo (in km). Red dot shows the point where UBEx (Muxan Underbody Battery Extender) was installed.

As for the discussion, I find that the "Nissan E-NV200 Electric van owners / enthusiasts" group on Facebook is quite a bit more active, there is an SoH thread started on 17th of December.

#11 ·
I went to visit a 2015 e-nv200 at dealership in Southern Italy, former DHL van with only 54000km.
Leafspy showed only 75.5% SOH.
Price is reasonable but dealer looks obscure and the car's 12V was dead so needed to be jumpstarted.
Another buyer was kicking tyres but asking about financing without even bothering to check battery, I thought 75.5% is ok but not particularly good for this mileage.
The spec is also not the best, no steerwheel and seat heating, no reverse camera, only a passenger airbag, looks like a "Visia".
I thought 8000 euro is too expensive for this spec and this battery, but average e-nv200 prices are high.
The car's underbody has no signs of rust and looked like new.
Can other e-nv200 owners write their opinions? I will add leafspy shots later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.