Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant find a battery health thread for the E NV200 here - is there one somewhere?

Can somebody show a photo of their battery health readout please - is this 'Battery Capacity? I'm looking at a van to buy and it shows the maximum number of bars - but only 11 (its a colour display not monochrome like on some vans it seems). I thought there were supposed to be 12 bars like the leaf? Could someone please explain which models have which displays?

Any help appreciated! Thanks :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is 11 out of 12 bars. It's a bit of graphical slight of hand from Nissan. The battery doesn't get emptier the bars just get wider. It's the same on both the Leaf and the e-NV200.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's well cheeky! So when do you actually see a drop from 'full' ?

So the van has done 50k and is 2014. What would you expect the battery health to be like? Is this about normal?

Thanks

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hi Rob,
Its stated that the battery will loose its 1st bar at 85% capacity, then loose a bar every 7.5% after.

My 2015 e-nv has done 76000 and like your has lost 1 bar. With leafspy i see my capacity is 84%, just below the loss of the 1st bar parameter at 85%.
A large chunk of capacity is lost very quickly from new.
For instance, when i bought my van it was 10 months old and it had covered 8000 miles and was on 92% capacity.
So, every 1000 miles to that date resulted in a 1% battery loss.
s,ce, i have personally covered 69000 miles in 5 years and lost a further 8% battery capacity.
Thats roughly 8500 mils per 1% drop.
That sits well for me as the van is still well within is required daily commute that I personally bought and use the van for.
However, if i was fortunate to get hold of a new 40kwh battery on the cheap (unlikely) I would buy it and swap the battery out, id use the original one then for home storage.

Anthony.

That's well cheeky! So when do you actually see a drop from 'full' ?

So the van has done 50k and is 2014. What would you expect the battery health to be like? Is this about normal?

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply Anthony. Is not my van (yet) so just checking it out. Have asked if the owner has leafspy data(presumably not as he would have probably given more info in the first place).

·
Registered
Nissan E-NV200 Tekna Panel Van, 24kWh Battery, Kia Soul EV 27 kWh, BMW i3 94ah REX
134 Posts
Thanks for your reply Anthony. Is not my van (yet) so just checking it out. Have asked if the owner has leafspy data(presumably not as he would have probably given more info in the first place).
11 out of 12 bars is not too bad considering the mileage. Ask for a discount!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts