Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
http://ts.la/david3488
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the e-NV200 combi in a showroom?
Most local dealers only have the panel van version.
Im looking for surrey/sussex/hants/kent

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hi Dave We've got one from Nissan but I don't think retail deliveries are until December/January at the moment.

·
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Michelle,
Thanks for the reply, I was just wondering what the trim is like in the rear, has yours split doors at the rear, lots of the photo's show a single lift up tailgate?
Our local dealer has the panel version and can get me a combi for mid December.
Might have to make a leap of faith and just buy it anyway.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm getting my hands on one for test purposes tomorrow. AFAIK, the default is to come with a tailgate rather than split doors. I don't know whether you can specify the van doors. I'll get some shots of the rear trim. From photos I've seen so far, it seems very basic - a good thing in my opinion.

·
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great, thank you.
I look forward to seeing the photo's and wonder if you could confirm the model you are testing

·
Registered
81 Posts
Right. I've got the range-topping Tekna Rapid Plus Super Bazooka something or other. Worth noting that this is VERY much a van with seats and windows. Lots of exposed metal, very simple trim ie flat boards on the rear doors and boot area. Plus side is LOADS of space. Drives very much like a van and feels a fair bit slower than a Leaf. Those are my initial thoughts. Hope to get some pics uploaded at some point but I'm out using it as a 'taxi' soon.

·
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the update, I await the pics :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
These photos are rubbish, because I had very little time and it was raining.

Boot space. Note lots of bare metal, simple boarding. Also note that there are two bags for leads, which just fly around this vast space with nowhere to tether them.

Driving position is rather odd. I struggled to get comfortable. Plastics all very hard and van-like. Which bothers me not at all.

Very spacious though. Rear seats very comfortable.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Geez, why doesn't Nissan just make a 36 kWh version of this car? Lots of room for the extra battery space, and still you wouldn't be left wanting. The current version with the LEAF-standard 24kWh only gets around 100 miles on the NEDC, so probably around 80 miles in real life. With 50% extra juice, it should get around 120 real life miles. Perfect solution for a family with kids...

·
Registered
640 Posts
Maybe it's the weight penalty to add 50% battery eating too much into load capacity on the current style?
Is it possible that the power density will up sufficiently within the next year or two to get higher capacities in the same weight/volume, hence the wait for the longer range leaf as well?

·
Registered
81 Posts
The range is an issue. We set out on a 24-mile round trip last night with 40 miles remaining. We got slightly nervous on the drive home when the range dropped to 9 miles, with 5 to go! Hills just eat up the range, and I'm finding I need the air con on almost constantly to stop it misting up - especially with four aboard. I was driving far more gently than I would in an ICE too.

Claimed range now it's back up to 100% is 72 miles as it adjusts to the Welsh terrain. It reckoned 84 when it arrived here yesterday (on a low loader).

·
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My wife will use it as a small van but it is disappointing to see the trim level on the top model.
I was hoping it would be like my leaf/tekna

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nope. Very different feel. Not as comfortable and feels (unsurprisingly) very van like. I don't mind that, but I can see why some people would.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Maybe it's the weight penalty to add 50% battery eating too much into load capacity on the current style?
Is it possible that the power density will up sufficiently within the next year or two to get higher capacities in the same weight/volume, hence the wait for the longer range leaf as well?
Eating the load capacity? This car has way more than the LEAF, and plenty for a family... Extra capacity battery should fit easily and still leave enough room.

The issue with a larger battery is that the price would go up. The battery is the single most expensive part, so adding 50% capacity should add a significant amount. However, I feel that people would choose a higher capacity battery option in a heartbeat. I feel nissan should experiment with this option and see what works. I only see the 85 kWh Model S on the road here, so paying more for extra range isn't such a strange thing.

I read somewhere that Nissan still need to use a number of 24 kWh battery packs. I sure hope for them they can use bigger packs soon, because you already see others moving there: Mercedes-Benz B Class (27 kWh) and the Soul EV (28 kWh). These cars are less efficient than the LEAF, because they don't get much more range, but Nissan should pay attention of they want to keep their lead.

Frankly, the Soul is a more functional car, with about 10 miles more range, and at a competitive price compared to the LEAF. An EV nv200 evalia with 36 kWh and significantly more range would turn the table in Nissans favour.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I was thinking more payload wise when I said load capacity.
Combi Tekna has a max payload of 614kg. AFAIK that would include occupants?? Current battery is around 220kg. An extra 110kg of the same battery technology is 18% off the payload? Not sure it as simple as beefing up the suspension a bit.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was thinking more payload wise when I said load capacity.
Combi Tekna has a max payload of 614kg. AFAIK that would include occupants?? Current battery is around 220kg. An extra 110kg of the same battery technology is 18% off the payload? Not sure it as simple as beefing up the suspension a bit.
I see, but I think it would still be sufficient for most people of you can load 0,5t of cargo... Let's say that includes passengers: 4 adults (80kg average) with 4 airplane suitcases (max 20kg each) + 10kg hand luggage each would come to about 450kg. Still more than 50kg left if the max is 500kg.

·
Registered
399 Posts
It all the vehicle I need with 3 children and lots of tip runs. Seems they have opened the order books for the 7 seater now. Wonder if there will be any sensible PCP's on them?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts