Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm experiencing the issues of intermittent drivers door not unlocking when pressing the unlock keyless entry button on the drivers door, or when pressing the unlock plip on the remote control.

I'd say, very 5th time I want to enter the van, the drivers door says locked when all other doors are inlocked, I've got to then open the drivers sliding door and reach my arm in and open the door using the inside drivers door handle.
It locks every time, so no intermittent issues with locking it, only unlocking it.

It may be time for a trip to the dealer to sort out this door issue and also look at the rapid charging amps rate being low compared with the leafs I have driven.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, had the drivers door lock assembly replaced 10 days ago under warranty. It's all been fine since. Hopefully won't get any other issues with the doors and locking systems.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I have had this with the rear doors. Usually I just do the unlock/lock/unlock routine again and it's ok.

On a related note is there any way to turn on/off the rear light from the front of the van?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Well, I'm afraid that their day (Barnsley dealership) can take weeks. Last time 2 weeks took 5 months

That's the reason I asked, as they all the time highlighting that it takes 4 weeks for part to arrive, we will see how long will it take this time.

Van is booked in for 6th of October for combi meter change (wrong one placed from the factory; for sure van been made either Friday, or Monday), at the same time they will look at the door they said.

Apparently this time they won't give an ev replacement and I will need to take fossil instead...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Combi meter been replaced, van due for door repairs 24th of October. I stripped down door myself, it was ripped cable (probably because I need to open door very often), very complicated to change just a cable, Nissan will be replacing whole locking unit instead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts