Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I went out to the van ,which was not plugged in, and happened to leave the passenger door open. Later as I went outside the van was running fans under the bonnet. I got inside and the heater panel was illuminated much as it does when preheating, no information but three LEDs lit and the interior fan was running. The vehicle was off.

Fearing a system melt down I pressed the stop start which seemed to stop the activity, I then started the vehicle and all was normal.

It was a pleasantly warm day but hardly excessive, I find it hard to explain the behaviour. The charge level was about 90% which is why I had not plugged in. It was hours after the pre-heat time which in any case would not happen due to not being plugged in.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe the climate button on the key fob was accidentally pressed without realising ?
You Sir are a genius! Yes of course I must have pocket pressed the button. Triggers the preheat function it seems. Never actually used it deliberately.

·
Registered
Leaf e+ 62kwh https://share.octopus.energy/quiet-puma-274
721 Posts
Glad to be of service sir 😊 I did it a few times by accident when I had my e-nv, it should stop on its own after about 20 mins so it won't do any harm or run the battery down to empty (Although still annoying to loose a few percent if your not expecting it)
Must say I miss the option of activating climate with the key fob as I have a leaf now & relying on the app is so hit n miss...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts