Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
EV Expo 7th July
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just come across this high top enV200 maxi supplied by a company in Holland. I wondered if anyone has converted one or if there is anyone doing similar in the UK. ie. right hand drive? Seems like a good idea, at least for towns/city last mile drops etc. given the lack of spacious electric vans Maxi

Attachments

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I’ve not seen a hard top eNV200 (or NV200), the only ones I’ve seen have been the camper pop-tops with canvas sides.
I was told by one manufacturer that they were not planning on making the hard top conversion as the van is small to begin with.
I’d imagine the large top would impact on range, especially on motorways.

·
EV Expo 7th July
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess it's something that will come with time as range improves. Being in the Channel Islands, no motorways to worry about luckily!

Still, it would be nice when Nissan add a larger battery version especially for in winter when heaters/defogging is on.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It would be great if they could make a longer wheel base version at least. Surely the most efficient method of increasing load capacity while having a negligible impact on range.

·
The best there is at what I do
10,699 Posts
It would be great if they could make a longer wheel base version at least. Surely the most efficient method of increasing load capacity while having a negligible impact on range.
It needs to be able to carry plywood/plasterboard sheets to attract builders.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It needs to be able to carry plywood/plasterboard sheets to attract builders.
Agreed but it's never going to manage that, you need to go up a class to fit an 8x4.
I have a long wheelbase Doblo Maxi though and it's got much more useful load capacity than the NV.
The additional 30cm length over and above a regular van makes a big difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts