Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought my E NV200 and find that the rear view camera is pointing at the ground. The camera view covers the rear edge of the van and less than 50% a vehicle length behind it (pretty useless considering it is a panel van and you only have 2 side mirrors and the rear camera to reverse with) Is this the Nissan standard I should accept or can the camera view be raised slightly to show better cover?

·
Registered
Leaf e+ 62kwh https://share.octopus.energy/quiet-puma-274
712 Posts
I've just bought my E NV200 and find that the rear view camera is pointing at the ground. The camera view covers the rear edge of the van and less than 50% a vehicle length behind it (pretty useless considering it is a panel van and you only have 2 side mirrors and the rear camera to reverse with) Is this the Nissan standard I should accept or can the camera view be raised slightly to show better cover?
You have to remove rear camera & put a small wedge in to move it to give a better view then seal gap.. Then go into the hidden menu ( press map button x3, power button x2, map button x1 ) on the infotainment system & adjust the guide lines accordingly.. Did mine & it was so much better, I could actually see if anyone was behind the van or if a car was approaching rather than just the bumper & road about a foot behind..
Do it at your own risk though, don't blame me for any issues or breakages 🙃

1 - 3 of 3 Posts