Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd appreciate if those of you, who replaced original radio in e-nv200, share their suggestions of what radio to choose. What do I need to look out for, if I wish to keep original functions?

What about the charging station search - are navigations set up to search for gas stations or can it look similar to how it works in original setup?

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
If you’re talking about the Tekna spec one (head unit / radio with sat nav/charge station search etc.) then I don’t think I’ve seen anyone replace one.
You’d have to do some CAN bus sniffing to find out how it’s doing the charge timers / climate timers, and how it’s reading the motor power etc.
You’re probably better off just using a mobile phone or tablet for navigation and maybe LeafSpy as it would be difficult to replicate all the features of the original Nissan head unit.

If you’re talking about the Acenta (base model) then maybe take a look at Glyn Hudson’s setup as it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Pumpkin 8.1 is the one I have and it’s bang on , all you have to do is modify the surround
What app do you use for the charge/timers, the temperature display, and the carwings settings etc? I thought all that stuff was proprietary and I couldn’t find any details of it whenI went looking.

·
Registered
130 Posts
No to sure what you mean . I don’t have car wings I just set the charge and climate timer in the dash and the temp is on the display on the dash too

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
No to sure what you mean . I don’t have car wings I just set the charge and climate timer in the dash and the temp is on the display on the dash too
Ahh, you have the acenta model? Was the radio you took out a touch screen or just an old looking radio?

It sounds from the original question that it’s replacement of the touchscreen from the Tekna model, as it mentioned keeping the original functions.
Hopefully Kaseijin will be back to clarify.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh, you have the acenta model? Was the radio you took out a touch screen or just an old looking radio?

It sounds from the original question that it’s replacement of the touchscreen from the Tekna model, as it mentioned keeping the original functions.
Hopefully Kaseijin will be back to clarify.
It's a touchscreen, that can be tilted to access a CD player. Car is an e-NV200.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
It's a touchscreen, that can be tilted to access a CD player. Car is an e-NV200.
That is the Tekna model. As far as I know it’s not possible to replace the radio and still have access to the controls for charge timer etc.
The only suggestion I have is you could use an Android or Apple tablet, or old phone with GPS and just use Bluetooth to connect it to the touchscreen radio for the audio. That way you can use Google or Apple maps (or the mapping app of your choice like WattsUp). You could install the LeafSpy app to check the state of the battery, and all the usual charging apps.
That way it’s always up to date, and you don’t have to start trying to reverse-engineer the Nissan system.
You’ll still have access to the old radio for doing the programming of the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts