Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the real world experiance of the van's range with two people and half a tonne of tools on board? Needs to make MK to central London and (in my dreams) back again, am I being optimistic?

·
Administrator
11,788 Posts
What is the real world experiance of the van's range with two people and half a tonne of tools on board? Needs to make MK to central London and (in my dreams) back again, am I being optimistic?
Where are you planning to stop? I guess with Toddington on the way if you charge both ways? Longest I've ever done in the LEAF on one charge was Hendon and back, so e-NV200 should be similar... that was four-up, in the summer, when new.

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where are you planning to stop? I guess with Toddington on the way if you charge both ways? Longest I've ever done in the LEAF on one charge was Hendon and back, so e-NV200 should be similar... that was four-up, in the summer, when new.
My house to the centre is about 45 miles. charging on the way in is a no go with the early morning traffic and a pain on the way out so ideally want most of the charging done at home.

·
Administrator
11,788 Posts
My house to the centre is about 45 miles. charging on the way in is a no go with the early morning traffic and a pain on the way out so ideally want most of the charging done at home.
I wouldn't try it, but maybe @Michelle C&C or someone else with more experience behind the wheel of the e-NV200 can be more precise.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi Andy,
Have you thought about a test drive? PM me your name, postcode and contact number and I can help set this up for you.
Thanks
^GH

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
90 miles seems unrealistic in a Leaf let alone an eNV-200

Do you take a Genny with you to run your tools? Just thinking how much 8 hours at 2.4kW would give you back :)

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
90 miles seems unrealistic in a Leaf let alone an eNV-200

Do you take a Genny with you to run your tools? Just thinking how much 8 hours at 2.4kW would give you back :)
I hope I could pick a destination charge up in London what with the charging and parking being free, The genny would probably use more fuel than driving an ICE so only any good in emergancy situations. What I don't want is to be on the last of my charge and stuck in the middle of town

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we have had people reporting about 75 miles on our trials with van laden (however i would probably think they were carrying less weight)
Thanks that sounds promising

BTW Who is Van Laden? does he sing in a rock band?:p

·
Registered
226 Posts
I managed well over 70 on a recent trip but that was flying solo in an empty van without the heater on. The first part of the route was on A-Roads at sub 50 mph, while the return trip was mostly motorway with a bit of heat. I think I could have pushed it to 90 miles but will need to try it again the next time a demo van is ready. For those trips I intend to load it to capacity and gauge consumption over a 50 mile return A-road route that I've already done in a LEAF and Kangoo ZE.

·
otleyshev ( kev)
1,455 Posts
just phoned up a dealer to buy a e-nv200 van and was told that the price was wrong !!!!!!!! £4,650 aprox
i know this was a good deal but after phoning the dealer said they had been hacked...
is this a likley story??????
or just a nother marketing ploy??????
any way i told him please please take off ebay and or change the price day later still up for same .
so didnt listen to me atall
and in fact he said that every dealership had been given a e-nv200 van to shift weather or not they wanted one.!!!!!!!!

i put it to you nissan or dealerships come up with a good price .... e-nv200 tekna rapid plus

AND I WILL BUY ONE fact ..

otley

·
Registered
244 Posts
just phoned up a dealer to buy a e-nv200 van and was told that the price was wrong !!!!!!!! £4,650 aprox
i know this was a good deal but after phoning the dealer said they had been hacked...
is this a likley story??????
or just a nother marketing ploy??????
any way i told him please please take off ebay and or change the price day later still up for same .
so didnt listen to me atall
and in fact he said that every dealership had been given a e-nv200 van to shift weather or not they wanted one.!!!!!!!!

i put it to you nissan or dealerships come up with a good price .... e-nv200 tekna rapid plus

AND I WILL BUY ONE fact ..

otley
Hi Kevin,
Can you PM me the name of the dealer please?
Thanks
^GH

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
There seem to be a few dealers trying this of late. When searching for popular cars on Autotrader you get the car advertised at £4999 rather than £14,999 as indicated further into the advert. I see it as a scam to ensure they're at the top of the listings. I've reported it to Autotrader yet it's still there at £4999 or £499 or whatever it was, week after week. Bet you couldn't buy it for £499. :cautious:

I'd personally avoid any dealer if they're doing this deliberately. If they're trying to 'accidentally' mislead at this time, what will they be like with a warranty claim? (n)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Update on the winter range... Recent runs on a hilly set route with a 500 to 600kg load has given us 50 miles easily, with 22 miles estimated rage remaining. This was without ECO, and with heating set to a comfortable 20 degrees Celsius.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I wouldn't try it, but maybe @Michelle C&C or someone else with more experience behind the wheel of the e-NV200 can be more precise.
Sorry Paul, hadn't seen your tags. Have been absent from Speakev for a while. I would say a realistic range is 70 miles

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
One of our clients is getting over 70 regularly on a mainly urban multi-stop cycle. They love them, too.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Why oh why didn't Nissan use the extra space in the e-NV in part for fitting a bigger battery?

As a 5-7 seater, with a 36 kWh battery (giving 110-120 mile real range) would have been perfect for me. Even more perfect than the LEAF...

1 - 20 of 209 Posts