Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I have recently bought a 2015 E-NV200 Tekna Rapid plus, I excpected it to have auto wipers and lights, but it doesnt. When i look at others advertised they all say auto wipers at least. Does anyone know if its supposed to have auto wipers and headlamps?
Cheers Andy

IMG_20200711_163126.jpg IMG_20200711_163217.jpg

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Clearly it doesn't, but it must be a relatively early one as the 2016 do have them. Do you have all the other Tekna kit such as the better HU, cruise control etc?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
View attachment 132267 View attachment 132268 [/QUOTE]
Clearly it doesn't, but it must be a relatively early one as the 2016 do have them. Do you have all the other Tekna kit such as the better HU, cruise control etc?
I just found out its previously had major repairs after a front end smash, so was wondering if they replaced the light and wiper stalks with the wrong ones. . . or maybe it just didnt have them.
Yeah its got the cruise , speed limiter and higher spec head unit IMG_20200711_165552.jpg IMG_20200711_165606.jpg

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
I'd be very suspicious. Ask Nissan customer services with your VIN and they'll be able to tell you about part number 25260EM11E. As far as I can see they always had them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I will try that, I am really curious as to what happened to the van to need such major reapirs, I have only had it 2 weeks, so i am in the process of doing the detective work

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Was it recorded as damaged on the database? Have you checked whether it was re-inspected by VOSA to get it back on the road - if so the work should be recorded.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, no its HPI clear.
All I know so far is, the previous owner sold it to WeBuyAnyCar.com in March, at which time it had never been damaged. So whatever happened to it was after him selling it to WeBuyAnyCar.
So i am hoping to get some info from WeBuyAnyCar and / or from BCA auctions.

I didnt atually know it had been damaged, until someone pointed out to me that, the headlamps and a lot of other parts at the front, had numbers / codes written on them in TipEx, and other security markings, which is apparently common for second hand parts, then on closer inspection the full front end has been repainted.

I am happy with the van, I just woul like to know what has happened to it

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
All I know so far is, the previous owner sold it to WeBuyAnyCar.com in March, at which time it had never been damaged.
That's very trusting unless you know them. WBAC is a common route of disposing of cheaply rebuilt undeclared salvage vehicles, and the respray, security marked parts and non-functional aircon all point to a backstreet repair.
Unless you are sure of your ability I would suggest that you pay for a professional inspection.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's very trusting unless you know them. WBAC is a common route of disposing of cheaply rebuilt undeclared salvage vehicles, and the respray, security marked parts and non-functional aircon all point to a backstreet repair.
Unless you are sure of your ability I would suggest that you pay for a professional inspection.
Thanks for the advice, its really appreciated, the previous owner seems very genuine and he got top dollar for it from WeBuyAnyCar. I think it probably got damaged and repaired in the 3 months between them buying it and it turning up at auction.
I was thinking of an AA inspection, but Ill see what i can find out first, then decide where to go next

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hi, i have a env200 tekna, 2015 year.
I dont have
auto lights
auto wipers
heated seats
heated steering wheel

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
For a while some options were in another pack. Heated seats, steering and mirrors was the winter pack. Really the vans can be all over the place in terms of options. I've seen base spec ones have auto wipers and Tekna ones not.

It seemed Nissan just used whatever was in the parts bin at the time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys :) at least mine has the heated seats and steering wheel, not sure about the mirrors til we get some frost

1 - 12 of 12 Posts