Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been down to see the Nissan electric van lovely, no loss of space.
As a company we own a mits phev bought and loved. Vans need to earn their money. We always look to lease but I was scratching my head. The sales guy mentioned 8000 miles a year which would not be enough. We are between 10000-12000. It would appear the electric is £4000 more than the diesel. That would seem to be a lot of fuel. I guess about 25000 miles worth. Ok we would save on car tax which would be nice. Cannot imagine wanting to go through trying to get another charge point.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Have a look on Ebay, as new transit connects for under£11k outright. These seem an excellent deal

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well I am supposing that the battery lease comes with the van.
But if someone was expecting to buy this for £9k, i think it a bit wrong the advert does't mention the never ending monthly cost for the battery

Must have sold ? I can't see any electric kangoos on ebay......
yep, still there :)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-Renault-Kangoo-Maxi-ZE-LL-21-44-KW-AUTOMATIC-ELECTRIC-PANEL-VAN-ONLY-2-73-/321329650899?pt=UK_Commercial_Trucks&hash=item4ad0bd5cd3

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I love the way there is no mention of the battery lease in the listing. A bit misleading!
if it troubles you that much you could report it to Ebay along with the 6816 ads for phones that fail to state that they are useless without a sim for which you will have to pay forever and ever. :)

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
if it troubles you that much you could report it to Ebay along with the 6816 ads for phones that fail to state that they are useless without a sim for which you will have to pay forever and ever. :)
I think it's different, buy a phone you expect to have to have a SIM and PAYG/contract. Buy a car and you don't expect to not own its battery.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree the sim is a known. Nobody except us sad buggers would know that there is a battery lease. Miselling? I think so.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I agree the sim is a known. Nobody except us sad buggers would know that there is a battery lease. Miselling? I think so.
Lol you are right I can see me getting a huge com-pen-say-shun off Renault in a few years. (Just got to make it look like I would spend nine grand on a vehicle without having done the slightest research first and never read a single review !!) :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sad thing is I bet lots of people by on a whim

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
But if someone was expecting to buy this for £9k, i think it a bit wrong the advert does't mention the never ending monthly cost for the battery

yep, still there :)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-Renault-Kangoo-Maxi-ZE-LL-21-44-KW-AUTOMATIC-ELECTRIC-PANEL-VAN-ONLY-2-73-/321329650899?pt=UK_Commercial_Trucks&hash=item4ad0bd5cd3

I saw it. If I were in the market for a second EV then this would be ideal.

At the moment my LEAF is my company car and had 0% BIK. The company director does not have a company car and uses her personal one. A van would be a useful and cost effective replacement (and also alleviate the "which car is going to the dump?" Argument)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
This is where the battery lease comes into it's own. For a business you have less capital tied up and can write off all the monthly charges against tax.
But in a van they might charge you at "the dump" (or recycling centre to us greenies:)).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts