Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Been using a Leaf 40 today for the firs time.

Impressive with the acceleration when not in Eco mode.
E-Pedal is good except for two things that I found would taking some getting used to.
The vehicle obviously won’t coast so you would have to get used to flicking the switch.
Secondly, I found d myself on occasions expecting it to come to a stop a lot quicker but had to slam on brakes otherwise risk hitting car in front. Happened a few times and I think it was me misjudging how it works from higher speeds.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I think that the laws of physics relating to perpetual motion will come to the rescue and protect @ElectricIan from any potential embarrassment and public ridicule.
In particular, the second Law of Thermodynamics proves conclusively that 'regen' can never collect enough energy to restore the momentum it's 'swallowed'. It's a great shame that the Nissan software team aren't familiar with that !

·
Registered
983 Posts
E-Pedal is good except for two things that I found would taking some getting used to.
The vehicle obviously won’t coast so you would have to get used to flicking the switch.
Whether in ePedal or not, a Leaf won't ever coast (unless you're brave enough to drop into neutral).

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Been using a Leaf 40 today for the firs time.

Impressive with the acceleration when not in Eco mode.
Secondly, I found d myself on occasions expecting it to come to a stop a lot quicker but had to slam on brakes otherwise risk hitting car in front. Happened a few times and I think it was me misjudging how it works from higher speeds.
It does take a little getting used to. But you soon do.
But just as soon you realise it's of limited use. Or certainly in my usage.
Lots of stop start it's great.
But any free flowing driving take it off.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I love e-pedal!

But, our EO Mini Pro charger has just been replaced (the first one packed up after 1 month) and the first two times we've charged with it (overnight using TOU setting), the e-pedal setting has been off in the morning.

Odd, and slightly dangerous, as the car didn't stop as I reversed off our drive.

Anybody else had this happen?

101 - 109 of 109 Posts