Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The passenger EV versions of the Berlingo and Rifter seem to be confirmed for this year now.

Peugeot here:

New 2021 Peugeot e-Rifter electric MPV revealed | Auto Express

Definitely high up and my list for my Ioniq replacement. Uses the same battery and drive train as the other PSA cars so range is down to 170 with these cars basically being bricks aerodynamically. Still get the theoretical 100kw charging, so might not be too bad. A lot of space in these so a highly practical cheaper option compared to a lot of the cheaper small stuff at there atm.

Sent from my M2002J9E using Tapatalk

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vauxhall Combo announced and with Vauxhall now owned by Peugeot it will be the same underpinnings.
"Underpinnings" is undercooking it. It is the same car with some different trimmings really.

I don't think the Vauxhall badged ones ever sold well in comparison to the Peugeot/Citroen ones.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,668 Posts
"Underpinnings" is undercooking it. It is the same car with some different trimmings really.

I don't think the Vauxhall badged ones ever sold well in comparison to the Peugeot/Citroen ones.

I did think about putting 'Badge Engineering' as in the good old Austin/Morris days and Vauxhall/Opel, when they sold in the same market, but nowadays with costs of plastic bumpers, grilles etc being so cheap then they can have quite a different look at first glance, similar in style to the Ampera/Volt. I had a Mk 1 Astra and if you took the plastic roundel badge out of the horn button there was an Opel 'blitz' moulded into the horn push underneath just needing a clear roundel put over it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Berlingo announced:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Looks like a Dacia-type rival. Yes, it'll be a bit van-like inside, but with the EV power train it'll be a good family car alternative. If it’s £25K, so much the better. £30K? Maybe not.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like a Dacia-type rival. Yes, it'll be a bit van-like inside, but with the EV power train it'll be a good family car alternative. If it’s £25K, so much the better. £30K? Maybe not.
The Berlingo has been around for many years, latest version is pretty good. Last generation also had an electric version. They are a bit of a different thing to Dacia's.

I'd expect it to be under £30k given the eC4 with the same drivetrain starts at £29.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
The Berlingo has been around for many years, latest version is pretty good. Last generation also had an electric version. They are a bit of a different thing to Dacia's.

I'd expect it to be under £30k given the eC4 with the same drivetrain starts at £29.

That would be a great price, however given the Rifter/berlingo are the small van MPV, and the medium van MPV (spacetourer/e-traveller) are around £45000 pre-grant I worry that the Rifter may be in that £35-40k price bracket

Vauxhall were different in that they offered a "budget" version of the e-life which starts at £35,000 so potentially they may offer the same for the Combo? Although the budget e-life is aimed more at minibus/shuttle companies where as I think the Combo is a family car

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That would be a great price, however given the Rifter/berlingo are the small van MPV, and the medium van MPV (spacetourer/e-traveller) are around £45000 pre-grant I worry that the Rifter may be in that £35-40k price bracket

Vauxhall were different in that they offered a "budget" version of the e-life which starts at £35,000 so potentially they may offer the same for the Combo? Although the budget e-life is aimed more at minibus/shuttle companies where as I think the Combo is a family car
The eC4 petrol starts at £23k and the electric eC4 is £29k (with grant deduction). The current Berlingo starts at £22K, so logic follows it should come in at under £30k for the electric version. We'll see what happens. Key for me will be the lease rates.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts