Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,661 Posts
Now maybe we can close this forum and get on with our lives.
Well, that’s probably a bit of an hysterical over reaction, but some of the posts on here are increasingly starting to sound like this (fictitious) guy...

·
Premium Member
6,661 Posts
Well yeah. Some of us live in glass houses.
You see, there you go again.

It’s good to hold a mirror up sometimes, your endless pithy quips are sometimes funny, but often needlessly antagonistic.

I genuinely wonder why you’re on here sometimes to be honest, when was the last time you were in receive mode? You kind of know everything, right? 😂

·
Registered
Blue Etron 2019, 2014 Nissan Leaf
170 Posts
Stood next to a guy with an eTron at a charger, and he was lamenting that he was only getting about 2 miles / kWh.
Unstated is the kind of driving he was doing.

All EVs will have low economy driving short trips a few miles in winter with the heat keeping the windows clear.

·
Registered
Blue Etron 2019, 2014 Nissan Leaf
170 Posts
I have a partner who doesn’t walk very well so a vehicle of the height of an SUV is ideal for ease of entry/exit. Likewise, the boot is ample for wheelchair & shopping, the adjustable height suspension is a bonus.
Me too. How has it worked out?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,901 Posts
I genuinely wonder why you’re on here sometimes to be honest, when was the last time you were in receive mode?
When I’m reading through the reams of issues with VAG cars.

Very informative.

·
Premium Member
6,661 Posts
When I’m reading through the reams of issues with VAG cars.

Very informative.
Glad to be of service! 😂

Good stuff happens when you listen rather than constantly transmit.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Well, that’s probably a bit of an hysterical over reaction, but some of the posts on here are increasingly starting to sound like this (fictitious) guy...

Nah, the guy in the "total prick from an internet forum" makes much more sensible posts :ROFLMAO:;)

·
Registered
883 Posts
View attachment 142694
Not sure on a Zoe but these are the current EV special offers on the site. These are based on 7k miles and reflect the net cost if you are a higher rate tax payer. Etron has gone up a bit since I got mine back in October.
WOW

I wish "normal" people could get those offers.

How on earth do they get to those figures?

Some seriously hard discounting on the front end from the Manufacturers I think - I note a strong VW / Audi theme although there is Niro and BMW on there at silly money. An Ioniq for £175 as well - wow.....

·
Registered
747 Posts
WOW

Some seriously hard discounting on the front end from the Manufacturers I think - I note a strong VW / Audi theme although there is Niro and BMW on there at silly money. An Ioniq for £175 as well - wow.....
You can. All you have to do is train for several years, work hard and dedicate yourself selflessly to a role working for an employer that pays considerably less than the private sector for the same skills. I don't work in healthcare, but I don't grudge NHS employees one of the few benefits they get.

Great prices, though!

Reactions: SoulGW and cah197

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,850 Posts
WOW

Those are prices for salary sacrifice and showing the net cost.

·
Registered
883 Posts
You can. All you have to do is train for several years, work hard and dedicate yourself selflessly to a role working for an employer that pays considerably less than the private sector for the same skills. I don't work in healthcare, but I don't grudge NHS employees one of the few benefits they get.

Great prices, though!
No, in fairness I don’t either, the Nurses especially, I think Doctors, Consultants and so on are well paid, but the Nurses pay is scandalous.

·
Premium Member
6,661 Posts
But still only NHS, not everyone?
Any employer can set up a salary sacrifice car scheme, not just NHS, and there are financial savings for companies as well as employees.

HMRC changed the rules last year that reduced the benefits of Salary Sacrifice schemes for cars, but exempted EVs so they’re still worth getting.

There are some pension considerations for employees, there’s more to it than the headline figure, but yes a good way to get into some very nice EVs.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,061 Posts
You have to compare like with like.
Yet you compare the Soul with everything.

You can. All you have to do is train for several years, work hard and dedicate yourself selflessly to a role working for an employer that pays considerably less than the private sector for the same skills.
Weeeeeeelllll! You'll note the NHS deals are for NHS staff, that's all staff not just the medical professionals. Which is why you see Nurses still going about in clapped out old ICE cars and domestics, administrators etc driving about in E-trons etc.

·
Registered
63 Posts
When i looked at these deals for my son last year the actual cost was much higher than the "from" price advertised!
Maybe his age/postcode who knows.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts