Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite a few peeps on here with new E Trons, anyone else having difficulty with their mobile phones re connecting remotely with the car and with the internal Wi-fi hotspot nonsense.
So far I’ve only managed to connect remotely to the car using MyAudi app on just one occasion, every other time it just times out. The only time it connects is when I’m in the car and it hooks up to the car’s Wi-fi. This internal Wi-fi “hotspot” seems to be the only way to connect your phone if you wish to use Apple CarPlay, I’m new to CarPlay and it looks (and sounds) great but, as it’s connected through Wi-fi, you lose the phones connection to the internet. It also offers Amazon music connectivity but again the lack of internet kills this idea stone dead. Any solutions or am I just making a real mess of it?

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
847 Posts
It's not you. The myAudi app is woeful. Laughably bad. Mine seems to connect okay to the car but occasionally refuses to do so. Mine also tells me that I have a 1.8 litre 4-cylinder engine as part of my standard equipment...

There are loads of people on the Facebook groups complaining about it. There's not a whole lot you can do to remedy it to the best of my knowledge.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's not just you, the app is almost utterly pointless right now. It seems Audi are planning a big update to their App in the next week or so. If you go to the myaudi link it says Audi are planning updates.

·
puch27
29 Posts
Totally agree the app is crap. I couldn’t even get the master user to work properly, had to go to the centre of town near a phone mast to get it to log in. I have a BMW with similar software but works much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have same issues although connectivity seems to have become non-existent once I started using apply carplay. Do you think that the use of carplay may be conflicting with the myaudi connectivity? ie a 'solution' could be to use one or the other but not both???

Please post on here once anyone knows of a fix or an app update becoming available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts