Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
My Evezy.co.uk referral code: b4552
Tesla Model 3 SR
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Except that at 6'1 I can fit in an E-up, but not in a Fiat 500!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sad to hear you're still having issues...

My fixed (read: changed) charge port seems to work fine. But the first one did fine too for a couple months, so i keep fingers crossed.

My dealer told me that a new quality action popped up last week (not the 97ar one but a newer one), this time relative to a new firmware to flash into the motor ecu. I will have it done next thursday.

I seem to be luckier than you, because they offered me a shiny new golf gte for the day :)

Regards,

Stéphane

·
Tesla Model 3 SR
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hi Stéphane,

It's back in the garage as of two hours ago - they towed it to the dealer 50 miles away (not that happy about that - I think it should have gone on a low loader, but hey). The Fiat 500 didn't happen - I really am too big! I have a Polo 1.2 60hp horrible horrible horrible car. No wonder it is cheap (for a VW).

I'll see if they do the new quality action too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
By the way i cannot tell if mine charges ok on anything else than regular home plug, as i have no access to any high power charge station in my area...

I wish you that they fix your up and you're quick back to the very enjoyable drive of this car.

Regards,
Stéphane

·
Tesla Model 3 SR
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Call from the dealer today - they think that a controller unit is out of date compared to the other new parts they have fitted. A new part has been ordered, but they are unsure as yet when it will be in. They'll then fit this part and see if it rapid charges and knows how much charge it has.

What I don't like is when they take it in for repair, the first thing they do is fully charge it and then leave it fully charged. :(

Next May I can hand the car back... If it still continues to be troublesome, I will be doing just that I think. And I'll definitely know not to buy a VW Polo 1.2 60PS!

·
Tesla Model 3 SR
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
You should see the rant I sent to VW CS - the dealer are actually quite good, if stabbing in the dark a little at times. VW Mobility Assist are a joke - staffed by giggling teenagers and unable to comprehend the concept of actioning a promise of 'ringing you back', unless someone else in the dept ringing you back with the same info you just got counts?!

Amazed how much better Vauxhall are than VW so far!

·
Tesla Model 3 SR
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I have been such a VAG fan for many years too - but of late, I've had problems with every Volkswagen or Skoda I've bought (about 6 in the last few years)

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Call from the dealer today - they think that a controller unit is out of date compared to the other new parts they have fitted. A new part has been ordered, but they are unsure as yet when it will be in. They'll then fit this part and see if it rapid charges and knows how much charge it has.

What I don't like is when they take it in for repair, the first thing they do is fully charge it and then leave it fully charged. :(

Next May I can hand the car back... If it still continues to be troublesome, I will be doing just that I think. And I'll definitely know not to buy a VW Polo 1.2 60PS!
Three thoughts:
  1. Part compatibility issues don't augur well for long term support and maintenance. I hope VW's version control is top drawer!
  2. I'd be very concerned about them leaving the car fully charged. Sounds like they are ignorant of battery chemistry. Is that official VW policy?
  3. Aren't there 'lemon laws'? If the car cannot be fixed don't you have the right to hand back the keys?

·
Tesla Model 3 SR
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Still being repaired..... Got a courtesy Golf 7 petrol now.

I want to love VW, but this whole going wrong thing is starting to grate...

More news as I get it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello toms,

Wishing you luck...

Mine is flawless since the charge port was replaced. It went to the dealer again for a software update session, there were 9 software modules updated, from motor to regen brake through air con, elec assisted steering etc. Couldn't say I've seen anything changed since.

Today i logged my 8000th km since i got it in april, couldnt be happier...

Regards,
Stéphane

·
Tesla Model 3 SR
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks Stephane!

Rapid charging is fixed now - woohoo! There is still an error with the charge time remaining stuff though. Hopefully it'll be sorted tomorrow.

·
Tesla Model 3 SR
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
All sorted finally by the dealer - I've the latest charger unit, charge port and software and all quality actions done. The GOM is now far more accurate, and I swear it feels faster!!

I'm planning on selling the car though - I'm now finding I need to go to Bournemouth from Essex a lot more often so need a bigger car and most likely a PHEV/REX

·
Registered
54 Posts
"Mine is flawless since the charge port was replaced."

Since we had our faulty charge cable replaced our e-up! has been faultless too. I am asking for trouble saying this! We have never had the problem with the charge port cover not releasing. So far...

But with 2,500 miles up we love it and it makes our Octavia diesel seem really clunky. Our motorhead son in law had a spin recently and kept commenting on the big car feel.

And we are heading for the time of year when charging is covered by our solar panels.

·
Tesla Model 3 SR
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I'm glad to hear it is going well @JamesW I'm very happy again with our E-Up! since its earlier hiccups. The longer journeys make me wish it had Chademo not CCS (or a range extender!), but I've yet to be flatbedded!

Although I would sell it (to move to a larger EV), I'm really loving it still. Great little car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have to admit we haven't plucked up courage to try a public charger at all yet. It still seems a jungle. There is an ecotricity CCS point at the Çhievely services half way to Oxford but we wouldn't have the range to make the whole journey or back home again if for some reason we couldn't use it. So we give the Skoda a run!

Practical advice and experience from you or anyone else would be hugely appreciated. It is one of my new year resolutions to stop being so feeble.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Every time I've tried to plug in, I've found the cover wouldn't pull out. But on every such occasion just pressing the unlock button on key fob (even though rest of locks were undone) the cover solenoid clicked and cover could be released.

I'd assumed this was 'normal behaviour' - is it not ?

Reactions: JamesW

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.