Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Anyone else waiting for theirs?

We ordered my wife's E2008 last weekend, GT Line in Pearl White with the Pano roof. She fell in love with one at the Peugeot preview event a few weeks back. We did a few test drives of various EV's (Zoe, Leaf, MGZS & E208) just to introduce her to them properly. She absolutely loved the E208 but wanted more space, so the E2008 it was.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ordered yesterday :) also a GT Line with an 11kw charger and everything else standard, have been told to expect delivery some time in May. we originally went to see the e208 but when we broke down the numbers there was about £5 a month between them so why not have the extra space.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I will do 60 miles a day on a mix of A and B roads so I’m not overly concerned about the range, more would be nice but I’ll never be stranded.
Such lovely car inside . Especially with glass roof.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The wife will do 50 miles a day round trip for work, so range isn't an issue to a certain extent.

It is our first EV but certainly not expecting anywhere near WLTP. I'd be comfortable with a 40% winter range penalty - provided it is just that - winter range

From a 47.5kWh battery, getting 3.3mi/kwh (300wh/mi) should realistically get you an full to empty range of 150mi.

If it can't do that in summer in good weather I might be a bit miffed and question it's efficiency, but equally we never do long trips so isn't a deal breaker. And the car is PCP'd so if it is crap, it goes back at the end and I go elsewhere in a couple of years when EV's have moved on another iteration yet again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ordered mine 13th Jan, the day the free charger offer was supposed to run out. Found out two days later it had been extended to April, obviously the expected orders had not materialised. Yet another GT Line with pano roof but I've gone for Vertigo Blue. I do a 200 mile journey a few times a year, guess I'd better gen up on charging stations.:(

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ordered mine 13th Jan, the day the free charger offer was supposed to run out. Found out two days later it had been extended to April, obviously the expected orders had not materialised. Yet another GT Line with pano roof but I've gone for Vertigo Blue. I do a 200 mile journey a few times a year, guess I'd better gen up on charging stations.:(
ZAPMAP is your friend if you havent already discovered it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you have a link to the group? I don’t do Facebook but might have a peek on the wife’s account.

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Embracing the GTE revolution in Golf GTE
Current Golf GTE 16 plate, Next ID 3
484 Posts
I am planning on test driving the two Pug EV"s back to back to try and get an idea of what they are like. Currently in a Golf GTE which is okay for me and the family space-wise but with son growing more space may become an added bonus. Hopefully, I will get to have a play soon. Love the blue colour that would be the one I would go for.

Have the prices you guys been given been on PCP's as I would be interested to get an idea of what you are going to be paying?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just ordered an e2008GT after testing the e208 and spending an hour playing with a fossil 2008 GT. The e208 drives like most other electric cars I've driven, Leaf, Zoe, Ipace, Etron, B250E, egolf, MG, Telsa S, Model 3. It was the hour spent in the 2008 that really sold the car to me. What really impressed was the interior design and functionality of the screens and switches. Within ten minutes I had worked out the piano keys and screens, which were logical and ergonomic. The Etron and Ipace screens look great, but can be unresponsive, difficult to see and you have to look down to change functions. Having TomTom nav is a major plus. I never use the nav on my BMW or previous Mercedes. Thing I didn't like about e2008 GT, high door sills may be problematic for 90 year old mother, fuse box takes up half of glove box and no electric tailgate on top of range model. I am concerned about reports of poor efficiency and slow charging above 50%. I have a regular roundtrip of 120 miles and feel it should be able to cope with that no problem. When are people expecting delivery? I need it end May, when my BMW 225XE goes back.

1 - 20 of 294 Posts