Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
In same boat then... You are a month ahead of me in theory... I ordered mid March.
Does not seem they do the factory orders in strict rotation though,from other threads and feedback on other forums seems to suggest certain colours are done in batches so some customers end up getting lucky.Shame they are closing factory for whole of August as it has only just reopened..hoping i may get it by end of September but already told my local dealer i am trying to source the model elsewhere on the very slim chance one turns up at another dealer.

·
Registered
Peugeot e2008
9 Posts
Does not seem they do the factory orders in strict rotation though,from other threads and feedback on other forums seems to suggest certain colours are done in batches so some customers end up getting lucky.Shame they are closing factory for whole of August as it has only just reopened..hoping i may get it by end of September but already told my local dealer i am trying to source the model elsewhere on the very slim chance one turns up at another dealer.
Do you know why the factory is closing for August? I remember seeing that mentioned before but can't find any info.

Our dealer told us a couple of weeks ago that ours (orange gt-line, ordered 1st March) is estimated to arrive to UK the week of 7-13 of September, not sure where they got that info though.

·
Registered
Peugeot e2008
9 Posts
I think the 2008 is being manufactured in Spain in the PSA Vigo plant, do you know if Spain do the same?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you know why the factory is closing for August? I remember seeing that mentioned before but can't find any info.

Our dealer told us a couple of weeks ago that ours (orange gt-line, ordered 1st March) is estimated to arrive to UK the week of 7-13 of September, not sure where they got that info though.
Hi,my dealer told me plus i think a lot of the car factories normally close in August( Hyundai close in August ) I was hoping they would not close this august as they have only just reopened the factories but the french have their own ways.I can only go by what the dealer told me about peugeot closing in August, perhaps they will have a re-think and stay open :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Same situation for me ordered GT-line Elixir red early march and have no build date but guestimate of end Sept. You might be right regarding Vigo plant as I had heard that also so maybe production will continue there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the 2008 is being manufactured in Spain in the PSA Vigo plant, do you know if Spain do the same?
Same situation for me ordered GT-line Elixir red early march and have no build date but guestimate of end Sept. You might be right regarding Vigo plant as I had heard that also so maybe production will continue there.
"The 2008 will be built in Vigo, Spain, with both EV and combustion models made on the same production line. Cars destined for the Chinese market will be manufactured locally. "
Google seems to agree with both of you so perhaps there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ordered a white e2008 GT at the end of June... just had a call from the dealership confirming delivery for 4th August (y)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ordered a white e2008 GT at the end of June... just had a call from the dealership confirming delivery for 4th August (y)
Bloody qué jumper haha they probably had a build slot and someone cancelled that's a lot shorter wait than me I was close to ordering white too but went red in the end 😁

·
Registered
17 Posts
"The 2008 will be built in Vigo, Spain, with both EV and combustion models made on the same production line. Cars destined for the Chinese market will be manufactured locally. "
Google seems to agree with both of you so perhaps there is some light at the end of the tunnel.
🤞no more delays And agree with Ryan at least 70 plates so not new plate for only a month or so 😁

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hope production does continue at Vigo during August, as I would have thought it maybe difficult to meet the expectations of mid to late deliveries in September. 🤞🤞Plus it would be nice to have some chance of some decent weather left when the car finally does arrive. I am away on holiday for 2 weeks in September, what's the bets.... 🤔🙄

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hope production does continue at Vigo during August, as I would have thought it maybe difficult to meet the expectations of mid to late deliveries in September. 🤞🤞Plus it would be nice to have some chance of some decent weather left when the car finally does arrive. I am away on holiday for 2 weeks in September, what's the bets.... 🤔🙄
Haha guaranteed to deliver it the day before you go 🙄 🤞 factory pumps them out at full speed and it's here in plenty of time 😊

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have cancelled my original FEB order (Pearl white GT Line) as have found a dealer with stock so re-ordered with them.Taking delivery hopefully on 10th August :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have cancelled my original FEB order (Pearl white GT Line) as have found a dealer with stock so re-ordered with them.Taking delivery hopefully on 10th August :)
Don't think I could have that option as mines through work salary sacrifice scheme. Let us know how it goes and how you find the car, can't wait for mine to finally arrive

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great result! 👍 Don't forget to post some pics when you pick it up.

I might chase my dealership up again next week for any updates.

·
Registered
Peugeot e2008
9 Posts
We ordered our GT Line in Orange Fusion on the 1st March. Only just been given an estimated delivery date of September 13th
Chased the dealer again and they now say we have a build date of 31st August which means estimated delivery 23rd September. Hopefully that's the last time it's pushed back!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Chased the dealer again and they now say we have a build date of 31st August which means estimated delivery 23rd September. Hopefully that's the last time it's pushed back!
Fantastic so they finally getting to it. Might give mine a prod see if any more good news 😁

141 - 160 of 160 Posts