Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people,
So I made my first proper jump to EVs, ordered an Orange e-2008 GT premium, dealers expects it in 2 months.

Drove the car a couple of times, it's a good drive and decent for the price I feel.

Not super enthusisatic on the slow performance (by Ev standards) and the rather short battery range, but have a tight parking space (with a charger) so would struggle with something like a Tesla.

Would appreciate thoughts and feedback from owners or people who considered it and bought somethign else instead. I know the Hyundai/Kia have better ranges but the design reallly doesn't do anything for me.

Thank you!

·
Registered
Peugeot e2008 GT in Orange Fusion on order, Due for delivery early January 2022.
73 Posts
Hello people,
So I made my first proper jump to EVs, ordered an Orange e-2008 GT premium, dealers expects it in 2 months.

Drove the car a couple of times, it's a good drive and decent for the price I feel.

Not super enthusisatic on the slow performance (by Ev standards) and the rather short battery range, but have a tight parking space (with a charger) so would struggle with something like a Tesla.

Would appreciate thoughts and feedback from owners or people who considered it and bought somethign else instead. I know the Hyundai/Kia have better ranges but the design reallly doesn't do anything for me.

Thank you!
Hi, I have just joined, completed my intro post and now homed-in on this sub-forum.

My wife and I ordered a MOTABILITY e2008 GT in Orange Fusion on 1st November for delivery expected early January 2022.
Yesterday my dealer updated me with the order progress and says the car is due to leave the factory on 6th December and I may get before the New Year depending upon Christmas transport logistics, holiday staffing levels and and pre-delivery inspection. However the 1st week of January is more likely.
I will appreciate progress of your purchase as I will keep you upto date with mine.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wow, that was quick. I ordered, not an e-2008 but an e-208 12th of October I believe. It has not yet started manufacturing and expected delivery was at first February but might be pushed to March.

·
Registered
Peugeot e2008 GT in Orange Fusion on order, Due for delivery early January 2022.
73 Posts
PEUGEOT e2008 GT landed at the Port of Sherness on Boxing Day and is on the way, via Peugot's distribution centre, to Robins & Day's showroom in Sale, Manchester. Following the car's PDI, I hope to collect it 5th to 7th January 🤞.

·
Registered
73 Posts
No sign of e2008 GT. Dealership's Motability representative not available for update, off with Covid. General sale rep advised me that due to shortage of HGV drivers off with Covid, transportage of new vehicles held up at the Peugeot distribution centre at Sheerness. Priority deliveries now been given to Essential Worker's orders. However my car could just turn up with minimum notice so just have to wait for delivery update..... could be up to a couple of weeks DOH!.

·
Registered
73 Posts
GOOD NEWS at last. Peugeot e2008 now arrived in Manchester so following PDI, I am collecting it next Wednesday 19th January, 11 weeks after ordering it 😀.
This is 2 weeks later than anticipated due to the Xmas & New Year bank holidays and a shortage of transporter drivers due to Covid.

UPDATE...Pod-Point 'Tethered' home charger installed this morning Monday 17th Jan.👍
Plant Window Fixture Building Brick

·
Registered
73 Posts
Motability supplied e2008 GT in Orange Fusion collected Wednesday 19th Jan. Now completed 120 miles local driving in an 'automatic' for the first time in over 50 years. Soon got used to it and wonder why I never purchased one in the past. Still sussing out all the gizmos etc but I am very happy with it so far. Extremely quiet and smooth to drive. Regenerative breaking seems effective, slowing the car without touching the break pedal.
Charged up the battery a few days ago and worked out that I achieved 2.8 miles/ kW. Was expecting about 3.5 but economic driving over a longer period should improve things, hopefully. 8/2/22 mileage update reading per post #12- tapped right hand steering column stalk's end button - 3.1m/kWh
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wifi glitch duplicate post due to very very slow upload/freezing of this Samsung Galaxy A6 tablet following installation of new Virgin Media GIG1 HUB 5 Router providing 1Gbps BB. The tablet has decided to stop performing efficiently for some unknown reason. Worked perfectly on previous HUB 3 router. PC and mobile phone working perfectly.
I have Reset Network Settings, rebooted tablet and rebooted router therefore more advice sort regarding this OFF TOPIC matter.
Can anyone help/ explain why changing a router should more or less crash my tablet?.

·
Registered
Peugeot e2008
203 Posts
driving in an 'automatic' for the first time in over 50 years. Soon got used to it and wonder why I never purchased one in the past.
EVs have immediate throttle response, so far better than ICE autos (even better than manual !)

ICE autos always have some throttle lag (some worse than others) - you did well to avoid them !

E2008 is a great car, only slightly let down by drop in range in temperatures <10C

You can get a live display of economy mi/kWh in the dash if you tap the right hand stalk (doesn't stay on for more than 5 seconds though)

Reactions: JAMCT

·
Registered
610 Posts
This is in my short list. How large is it compared to a Kona let’s say? I need to go and see each one in the flesh as such. Need to chose between Kona, Niro, MG ZS, e2008, E-C4. Leaf.

Leaning towards something larger but unfortunately the Enyaq is not in the scheme until further notice. None of the VW group cars are available on it anymore.

·
Registered
73 Posts
This is in my short list. How large is it compared to a Kona let’s say? I need to go and see each one in the flesh as such. Need to chose between Kona, Niro, MG ZS, e2008, E-C4. Leaf.

Leaning towards something larger but unfortunately the Enyaq is not in the scheme until further notice. None of the VW group cars are available on it anymore.
You can compare dimensions & capacities of all your short listed cars here one of the options being ELECTRIC cars viz:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Motability supplied e2008 GT in Orange Fusion collected Wednesday 19th Jan. Now completed 120 miles local driving in an 'automatic' for the first time in over 50 years. Soon got used to it and wonder why I never purchased one in the past. Still sussing out all the gizmos etc but I am very happy with it so far. Extremely quiet and smooth to drive. Regenerative breaking seems effective, slowing the car without touching the break pedal.
Charged up the battery a few days ago and worked out that I achieved 2.8 miles/ kW. Was expecting about 3.5 but economic driving over a longer period should improve things, hopefully. 8/2/22 mileage update reading per post #12- tapped right hand steering column stalk's end button - 3.1m/kWh
View attachment 157030
Mileage improvement!, warmer weather ...up from 3.1 to 3.3m/kWh @ 7.5p/ kWh on the Octopus Go Off-Peak tariff using my Pod-Point Solo home charger between 00:30hr to 04:30hr.
Very happy with fuel running cost of just 2.272727272727227r p/mile :LOL:.
A little bit cheaper than using petrol or diesel me thinks;).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thankfully, I am presently returning 3.9m/kWh, after just under 900 miles in my 2022 e-2008.

Not so thankfully, I cannot switch to a cheaper energy tariff as no supplier seems to want new customers on anything other than more expensive rates. Still cheaper than my diesel 3008 though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts