Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondered if anyone had experienced this on their e208, has happened twice now for me, both times on a local journey after driving for about 5 minutes in the dark. Each time the car had not been driven for about 24h.
Yesterday I opened the bonnet and found corrosion around the negative terminal of the auxiliary battery.
Due to Covid the car has been lightly used but is generally covering at least 50 miles a week, typically one journey around 40 miles and the rest short local runs.

Is this a common issue?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Most likely cause is loose connection at the terminals, I'd take the terminals off, clean everything well then put back on, make sure everything is tight then put a dab of dielectric grease or vaseline over the terminals to prevent further corrosion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most likely cause is loose connection at the terminals, I'd take the terminals off, clean everything well then put back on, make sure everything is tight then put a dab of dielectric grease or vaseline over the terminals to prevent further corrosion.
Thanks, had wondered about that, it seems overkill but will get the dealer to look at it as is a lease car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts