Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

241 - 260 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Also I forgot to ask:

Is there a way to keep the dash screen on while the car is charging? Its nice to see how fast it is going and the % but it turns itself off after 20secs or so.

Also is there a way to keep the AC or heating on while itscharging? Had a quick charge today at the free Ionity chargers near Cambs and I had to sit in a furnace of a car because I couldnt figure out how to keep the AC on while it was charging.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I'll pick this up with the dealer when I'm next in, but I noticed when the sun was in a certain point in the sky yesterday that there was a shadow cast by the bonnet lid over the front body panel, and despite all of the panels seemingly in their "right" place, I could feel that the bonnet lid protrudes a few mm beyond the panel below. Seems to be the same on both sides.

Is this a "feature" or something that isn't present on others' e208s (or even ICE 208s)? I'll try to take a photo later.
this is mine....

·
Registered
16 Posts
@Problemchild Unfortunately them options do not appear on the app for me. I just says the car with the right chasis number but no other details listed. I'll give it a few days and see what happens. Maybe I can remove and add the car again? As I never had to add the car, once I signed up the car was already added to my account. I guess by the PSA finance details.

Also did you have any insight on keeping the car heating going while sitting in the car whilst charging or keeping the speedo display on constantly while it charging?

The one way I can get the screen to turn on is by opening the door or closing it, then it turns on for like 20secs and displays the charging status.

Sorry for all the questions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
e208.jpeg

Got mine today. At first contact:
  • the sounds are horrific :) who the hell chose those?
  • is it correcting my steering with the lane assist disabled?
  • don't these things come with a charging cable?
  • entertainment ui is not the smoothest
But, it drives rather well and i like it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Whats sounds are you talking about?

My lane assist is always on, I just have to remember to indicate. However, in roadworks with the lanes narrowed it is a bit uncomfortable.

My came with a cable in the boot with a Peugeot marked carry case. AFAIK they should all come with these.

I tend to use Android Auto most of the time, it's faster than my reactions, plus I can talk to it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For example the sound when you start it with an open door.
Are you talking about the home charger with a 3 pin at one end, a big box at the middle and a Type 2 at the other end? That one I got, I didn't get a Type2 - Type2 cable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hmm, i haven't opened that bag since it was in plastic, but it wasn't heavy enough to contain a cable. I'll look again when i get to the car. Thanks for the pics.

Update:

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had an empty cable bag in mine too. Gloves were there, v it was all sealed etc, but no cable. Dealer has one waiting for me to pick up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So 2nd day of ownership and theres an awful rattle coming from the front passenger section. Seems to be right in the corner of the dash near the air vent.

Anyone had any annoying rattles? Would this be something local dealer would look at? Seems like the theres something in the vent hitting something else.

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,895 Posts
Why is granny "cheaper"? It's the same amount of electricity surely?
The granny cable costs more to purchase than a type 2 to type 2 charging cable. So if you wanted both, you’d be better off by getting the former included with the vehicle, and buying the latter yourself.

241 - 260 of 349 Posts