Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

261 - 280 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
I also had a rattle coming from the passenger side of the car, checked lots of things, eventually discovered it was the seat belt buckle hitting the internal B pillar, selt belt hadn't recoiled fully.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also had a rattle coming from the passenger side of the car, checked lots of things, eventually discovered it was the seat belt buckle hitting the internal B pillar, selt belt hadn't recoiled fully.
I did check that, but deffo seems to be the corner of the dashboard. I'll have to ring local dealer and see if the will look at it.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
yes this happens to me - zero rattles elsewhere

JJ

·
Registered
2 Posts
I sat in the car with the AC on yesterday whilst rapid charging, just turn the car on with a long press of the "engine button" but don't bother holding the brake down.
Perhaps mine being the e-2008 it's different but I really doubt that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Finally activated the E-remote stuff. I can set the car to precondition via the app and it it kicks in ok. It seems the battery % and millage only update once you are actually in the car!

I thought it would send this data over the cars internet connection but no. If you hit the help sign in the app it says the app will only update via bluetooth connection when you enter the car.

Anyone else seen this or are you guys getting remote battery % and miles remaining data everytime you hit the refresh button? My current update time is 18:25 and if I keep hitting refresh nothing happens but if I go sit in the car and turn it on, the car and app connect via bluetooth and then this gets updated.

I also found where the rattle is coming from. The front passenger side tweeter speaker that is in the pillar seems loose. I can push it and it seems to pop back in for a few miles then wiggles itself loose again and makes a vibrating rattle sound.

Gonna get on the phone to them Monday.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm afraid I've given up on the app. It's as random as heck. I can leave my car on one of the free Pod Point chargers, take my pup for a walk. The app will tell me it's charging. Both don't show live percentage increases.

The app will on completion of charge show the date and time car charged and predicted range. This will/does change on subsequent charges.

On the car symbol on the appthe vehicle mileage does not update, I had to manually input this.

This morning I put the car on charge at home, via my pod point. It seems that the app has been updated New Message "Get your driving data here by connecting to your car using Peugeot Connect - FIND OUT MORE" Gues what I haven't been able to connect to my car using bluetooth or wi-fi.

I was 30 miles away from home, tried to stop the charge - it failed, no wi-fi connection. But, my Pod Point app could tell me everything that was happening.

I got home, tried to connect to the car. Nothing, no doubt if I go and get into the car connect my phone it will work. What good is that, nothing remote about that.

I'll put up with it, but in the winter I really do want to be able to pre heat the car interior before I get in - that's because my previous car have had, heated seats, heated steering wheel and heated front screen. Oh and I have to ensure te car has a minimum of 50% charge or it won't work. Love the car, hate the app.

Just looked at my phone/app, it's saying Charge in progress along with mileage range as of 8:20 am.

·
Registered
16 Posts
@208's Plenty The pre condition setting that you can press to start it right away seems to work remotely absolutely fine.

The millage, % and total car millage only update via bluetooth while you are in the car with your phone. I get a icon on my phone saying its receiving car data.

I agree with you though, I thought it would collect that data remotely. Even if its hourly or something. :( The app can definitely speak to the car remotely as the precondition button does work while I'm quite a distance away from the car.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well I've got into the car, new battery charge status/range on the instrument panel. Phone connects to the car via bluetooth. Connect the cable to the phone and android app connects up just fine.

The app hasn't updated, tried the refresh button, nothing, tried a couple of other settings and I'm back to the nonsense "You do not have permissions for this". Which was only corrected the last time by deleting the app and re installing it.

I'm not IT proficient but neither am I a thicko. I've downloaded plenty of app in recent years and never has this palaver.

I want my life back, not faffing around with an app.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I almost think it's time for a My Peugeot App thread.

Once again I deleted the App and re installed it, fresh data showing up and no "do not have permissions etc".

It would seem the app has had some enhancements, with vehicle/driving data ( Vehicle Mileage - Fuel Consumption - Journey Details - Find My Parked Car - Service Schedule).

Only Find My Parked seems to work. I can't connect to the car via Bluetooth or WiFi, WTF.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The software is generally a disgrace. Both on the car and in the app. But i was expecting that.
This is why there will be no Tesla "killer" for a while. Software is hard. VW is learning that right now.

261 - 280 of 349 Posts