Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

661 - 680 of 705 Posts

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,527 Posts
Dreaded “traction system fault” message tonight! Thankfully I’m at home but my e208 with only 400 miles on the clock wouldn’t budge. Did a bit of research and came across this thread over on the Peugeot Forum. Anyone here had the same experience?

Left the car for 15 minutes and went back out and the issue had ‘cleared’ but now worried about this happening far away from home. Planning to ring my Peugeot garage in the morning as apparently there is a recall linked to this - and I’m hoping that will be the answer!
Hope you get it sorted. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
456 Posts
My car is coming up for 1 year old.

Has anyone put their car in for this stupid mandatory 1st Service yet?

If so what was the outcome?

·
Registered
22 Posts
My car is coming up for 1 year old.

Has anyone put their car in for this stupid mandatory 1st Service yet?

If so what was the outcome?
Mine is due in 2 months, from what I heard there's a big dealer only ECU update that's already worth it. Furthermore the usual fluid, brake and battery check I suppose.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Ah, I know what to expect in terms of what they do/don't do, as my Dealer has already provided that info.

It's more a case of how long it took, what did they really do and how much they charge.

My quote is £60. But I had to repeat several times to the Service reception person that it was an electric car, doesn't bode well.

Our works Peugeot van servicing doesn't give me great confidence either.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just had mine done, I don't pay for servicing because it is supplied under motability so I can't comment on cost.

I did however make sure that they checked whether the update for the "rapid charging" issue needed to be applied, as well as a mandatory update for the brakes. Beyond that it was a routine job.

However, because of the diagnostics around the rapid charging issue they asked to keep the car for 2 days rather than do it same day.

The update has been applied, I don't use rapid chargers at the moment (though might need to) but I know the update has been applied as my range GOM now moves up / down in increments of 1 mile rather than the 7 or so that it did previously. Worth getting that done in any event. It's "failed to initiate Mode 4 Rapid charging" whichis the fault that needs addressing that you might not otherwise be aware of if you don't use rapid chargers.

No idea about the brake update in terms of how the car feels post the work; that piece of update will depend on your VIN I believe.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,527 Posts
I did however make sure that they checked whether the update for the "rapid charging" issue needed to be applied,
Could you expand on this issue. I’ve not seemed to have any problems rapid charging my e-208. Are all or just some vehicles affected?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Could you expand on this issue. I’ve not seemed to have any problems rapid charging my e-208. Are all or just some vehicles affected?
I'm not an expert on this by a long, long way as I've not actually ever used a rapid charger in the 8000 miles I've driven the car. However over on the FB group for e208 / e2008 users, there were common reports of rapid charging failing to initialise (I think) and some of the folk over there identified that there was a known issue with some cars and that this could be fixed by a software update applied by a garage.

Copying over a sticky post from the FB group from October last year, this is a better description than I can hope to provide:-
Software Updates - the same questions keep cropping up now some of us are posting after getting the updates.
Firstly, it is not a recall or a campaign, if your car is in for a service or any other reason you are unlikely to receive the updates as they take 3-4 hours to perform and are not currently being applied proactively.
Only certain chassis numbers require the updates - not everyone. If you have received your vehicle post September/October (ish) you are very unlikely to require the updates, your car has probably left the factory with them already applied. Not a hard rule of thumb, but a guide.
You know you require the updates if one of these problems occurs - the vehicle fails to start a rapid charge, ot if you have the ambient LED lighting strips it keeps 'forgetting' the brightness, colour setting or even if you have them turned on.
If either of the above happen to you, contact your dealer, explain what your problem is and ask them to check your VIN against the service bulletin for the above issues (2 different bulletins). If your vehicle requires the updates then book it in. Make sure you have at least a 50% charged traction battery, and take both keys with you.
If your GoM goes up and down in 6 mile increments you have not got the update. Also, if whilst Rapid Charging the charge display on the cockpit turns off after a few minutes you haven't got the update.
You must book in for a warranty fault with failing to rapid charge and ask the dealer to check the Technical Service Bulletins as it is a known issue. If your car was manufactured before July you 99.999% require the update.
If you have an e208, there may be a 'recall' flagged up for a braking system update. You need this as well. There have been a number of instances of people booking in for the rapid charge update and only receiving the brake system update as the dealer just sees the flagged update, and thinks that is all you need. It isn't. Be persistent and very clear that you are booking in under warranty for a failure to rapid charge, it is a known issue and requires software updates. It is all covered by a Technical Service Bulletin for issues with Mode 4 charging.
All that quoting from this post on here (link to post) Facebook Groups which you might not be able to view unless you are a group member. The group is (link to group) Facebook Groups

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just getting the GOM to move in single digit increments is a nice to have, even if you never use a rapid charger. But also, you never know when you might suddenly need a rapid charge, and if the first time you find out about the fault is when you really did need it, it would be pretty annoying for it not to work when there's an update waiting to get applied that you might not otherwise know about!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Same here. We had an issue initiating a charge from an Instavolt Fast Charger which have always been reliable with previous EVs. This now makes sense. The range 1mph increments would be great as well but would have preferred a "battery %" display instead or an option to display both or either.
Our car bizarrely, is requesting a service booked in at 5000 miles (and not the normal 8000 miles) which is in about 2 weeks time as car now 6 months old.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You can reset the service warning by a combination of using the brake, the left hand stalk button and the start button (if memory serves correctly - it's in the online manual). The car and the app both have mile / km conversion problems which become evident in the service schedule; 5000 miles would be 8000km, and 8000miles is the correct service interval.

I'm not convinced the %age GOM would add anything for me, but I wouldn't object to the option to be able to toggle between the two. Absolute range is important to some (what's the point in knowing you have 46% left if you've no idea how far 46% might carry you), but I can see how if you've seen a fall of 10% and you know you've travelled 18 miles in that time that you could use that data to estimate how much you've got to spare. I never get below about 50 miles absolute range anyway as I recharge at home overnight pretty much every night / every other night so beyond being a mildly interesting figure it doesn't really matter to me either way.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Will have a read up on the service interval readjust method. We also experienced a bizarre episode when everything went "french" on us! Dash display all in french labelling and even the voice assistant spoke in French. Sorted it out eventually by setting up a profile No.1 but no idea why it just changed from English to French.
Bizarre quirks but overall still a fun car to drive and reliable overall!

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Ooooh software update for the rapid issue. I’ll contact my dealership. Thank you because mine has failed to initiate a few times but I feel as If it’s a time issues between opening the flap and getting the charger started - almost like the port goes to sleep afte

i had my first service in March

they did an aircon warranty recall at the same time and it only took a few hours.

JJ

·
Registered
482 Posts
Just been in to my Peugeot dealership as nobody picking up the phone.
They have no mention of any recall or software updates required on my car. Gave me a print out of their Peugeot page about our car on their system also.
Am concerned about the Rapid Charge issue as experienced that with Instavolt a few weeks ago(another thread on here when I asked if anybody had experienced the same), but did not show up on the system. Perhaps she was only looking under "recalls" and not software updates?
Ours is a December 2020 car. Built in October 2020 I think. Is there anything specific I should mention? Think i read something on the Facebook page about it (wife is on FB not me), and that you have to ask for it specifically or they wil not do it as they (Peugeot mechanics) are not familiar with it.
I also own a Zappi and solar system, and there have been issues with charging with that and Peugeot are asking owners to contact them. But myenergi who make the Zappi home charger have done software updates recently and we have not had any issues since.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just been in to my Peugeot dealership as nobody picking up the phone.
They have no mention of any recall or software updates required on my car. Gave me a print out of their Peugeot page about our car on their system also.
Am concerned about the Rapid Charge issue as experienced that with Instavolt a few weeks ago(another thread on here when I asked if anybody had experienced the same), but did not show up on the system. Perhaps she was only looking under "recalls" and not software updates?
Ours is a December 2020 car. Built in October 2020 I think. Is there anything specific I should mention? Think i read something on the Facebook page about it (wife is on FB not me), and that you have to ask for it specifically or they wil not do it as they (Peugeot mechanics) are not familiar with it.
I also own a Zappi and solar system, and there have been issues with charging with that and Peugeot are asking owners to contact them. But myenergi who make the Zappi home charger have done software updates recently and we have not had any issues since.
From my extract above ref the rapid charge issue lifted from the Facebook page:-

Only certain chassis numbers require the updates - not everyone. If you have received your vehicle post September/October (ish) you are very unlikely to require the updates, your car has probably left the factory with them already applied. Not a hard rule of thumb, but a guide.
So maybe your October build date means it's already sorted.

As I understand it, it's not an update that would be flagged without some diagnostics done first, but as I believe it the key is to draw their attention to a Technical Service Bulletin related to "Mode 4" rapid charging.

Once the update is applied (to cars that need it) the GOM moves in single mile increments rather than only falling in about 6 mile increments. Whether that applies to cars which have the fix applied on delivery too I don't know.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Ok Thanks Larkim. Maybe our car was one of the sorted ones from the factory. When we checked last year we were told it was "going in to build from the 20th October"
Will check with our dealership about the TSB re Mode 4 rapid charging. Our mileage reading definitely goes down in "clumps" and not single increments.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Just booked car in for next week. Service advisor explained they will plug car in to diagnostics and if TSB Mode 4 charging issue is due, it will be done. Fingers crossed.

661 - 680 of 705 Posts