Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
e208 GTs are being delivered to buyers in France without the Driver Assist Plus package (DA+). DA+ pack includes adaptive cruise and lane positioning assist. Cars being made now do have it, ones built before February don't. All Peugeot documentation shows DA+ as being standard. French owners are rejecting DA+ missing cars or being offered compensation. Dealers have not been informed. Yesterday I had a test drive of a UK e208GT and it did not have DA+. The salesperson seemed surprised when I said the GT should have ACC and lane positioning as standard. These photos show the difference in the switchgear. I'm positive the UK car had the without DA+ control stalk, I remember thinking how cheap it felt compared to the rest of the car's switches..

With DA+

Without DA+

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Yet another manufacturer rushing to market years late and being willing to deliver products with known flaws, failing to fess up about it, and not being willing to retrofit it. Clearly the combination of the fines for emissions and the change in the markets are overcoming integrity.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got back from the dealer... Had one of these preordered from back in August.
Dealer looked back through the comms archive and Peugeot have moved the goalposts three times on the DA+, and seemingly removed Full Park Assist as a feature from the entire 208 range.
Will be on the phone to Peugeot Customer Care tomorrow.

·
Registered
Peugeot e208GT
24 Posts
Picked up my new e208GT on Monday which I had traveled 300 miles to get. Love the car but couldn’t get the adaptive cruise to work on the way home. Assumed that I was doing something wrong and only realised when I saw this thread last night that it’s not fitted to this car. Will speak to management at the dealer I bought it from on Monday. My Peugeot app won’t work either until a new version is released I’ve been told. Lots of money paid to be let down like this. Buck (or any other word that you want to insert here) up Peugeot!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Picked up my new e208GT on Monday which I had traveled 300 miles to get. Love the car but couldn’t get the adaptive cruise to work on the way home. Assumed that I was doing something wrong and only realised when I saw this thread last night that it’s not fitted to this car. Will speak to management at the dealer I bought it from on Monday. My Peugeot app won’t work either until a new version is released I’ve been told. Lots of money paid to be let down like this. Buck (or any other word that you want to insert here) up Peugeot!
Reject it. You have 6 months from purchase. Car is materially different to what you ordered. Will potentially have a knock on affect when you sell.
Dealer must offer you everything you’ve paid and any consequential costs, or cover any inconvenience and replace the car with one of the spec you ordered. Your choice, not the

Any resistance from the dealer at all, don’t wait, refer it to the FCA as a complaint. As soon as you do that the clock starts ticking. If the dealer doesn’t respond in set time limits they get fined.

Slightly different process if the car’s on finance or PCP but the result will be the same.

Either way, any resistance from the dealer at all, don’t wait, refer it to the FCA as a complaint. As soon as you do that the clock starts ticking. If the dealer doesn’t respond in set time limits they get fined.

You’ll win this one.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
There is a long discussion on the French e208 forum about rejection and compensation. I noticed some very cheap e208 GT lease deals popped up a couple of weeks ago, made me think they were clearing out the cars missing Driver Assistance Plus.

Link to French forum, Google translate if french rusty.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Very poor behaviour from PSA. :mad::eek:

Rubbish happens, plans change etc., but they should have fronted up on this and informed you about the issue in advance and negotiated a settlement with you. Just delivering a sub-standard specification to you and hoping that you don't notice / complain is unacceptable.

I look forward to hearing that you have been successful in your complaint and receive an appropriate outcome.

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,030 Posts
There is a long discussion on the French e208 forum about rejection and compensation. I noticed some very cheap e208 GT lease deals popped up a couple of weeks ago, made me think they were clearing out the cars missing Driver Assistance Plus.

Link to French forum, Google translate if french rusty.

Now there's a nice opportunity for people like me who don't want the ACC or the lane assist!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Two weeks in for me, car still sitting with the Dealership, Peugeot Customer Care have sat on the case for two weeks, dispite me calling every 3 days, speaking to managers and having escalation promised.

Had the free wallcharger installed, but £500 of that is from the Government based on paperwork on an order that hasn't been completed.
Tried to hurry Peugeot along as didn't know what the budget would bring, and now a new EV car order gets £3000 not £3500 grant.

Options seem to be (not that dealer or Peugeot are telling me this):
  • Take current car without promised features (for as much discount as I can)
  • Take current car and swap it once the features are out on a newer model (don't think they'll be keen on this one)
  • Cancel current order and wait until they can give assurance the options will actually be delivered (may lose out on £500 extra grant and have problems with Gov re. Wallcharger)
  • Walk away (again, may have problems with Gov re. Wallcharger)
Wondering if Peugeot are less fussed about sorting out the UK for now as there's less of a market to shift right hand drive cars around in?

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I still laugh at Peugeot for using the same cruise control stick they have been using for over 20years ok brand new cars ??? it makes me think they bulk ordered a warehouse of them all and need to use them up as it's the cruddiest design that could have been born. It's like a turtles fib sticking out of the steering column ?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I still laugh at Peugeot for using the same cruise control stick they have been using for over 20years ok brand new cars ??? it makes me think they bulk ordered a warehouse of them all and need to use them up as it's the cruddiest design that could have been born. It's like a turtles fib sticking out of the steering column ?
The injection mould has not worn out yet, plenty life left to make the sticks :p

·
Registered
427 Posts
Two weeks in for me, car still sitting with the Dealership, Peugeot Customer Care have sat on the case for two weeks, dispite me calling every 3 days, speaking to managers and having escalation promised.

Had the free wallcharger installed, but £500 of that is from the Government based on paperwork on an order that hasn't been completed.
Tried to hurry Peugeot along as didn't know what the budget would bring, and now a new EV car order gets £3000 not £3500 grant.

• Take current car and swap it once the features are out on a newer model (don't think they'll be keen on this one)
  • Cancel current order and wait until they can give assurance the options will actually be delivered (may lose out on £500 extra grant and have problems with Gov re. Wallcharger)
Wondering if Peugeot are less fussed about sorting out the UK for now as there's less of a market to shift right hand drive cars around in?
Don’t wait. Report it to the FCA as a complaint. Companies are terrified of them. Every response they delay will then cost them money in fines. You’ll be amazed how quickly they jump to it once you do.

Been in a similar position to you on two separate occasions. Waiting, waiting.

The day the first contact arrived from the regulator a courtesy car arrived.
Shortly after that I was offered the choice of “redress”, so every penny I’d spent back plus some goodwill compensation, or the car replaced with something else.

I took the latter. Was offered a choice of cars already in UK or very close to arriving. Chose something with slightly different options and paid the difference.

If I’d not involved the FCA I don’t think I’d have come off as well. Dealers don’t like taking cars back and will obfuscate for as long as possible hoping you get bored. As soon as the law’s involved, things suddenly change.

·
Registered
Peugeot e208GT
24 Posts
Don’t wait. Report it to the FCA as a complaint. Companies are terrified of them. Every response they delay will then cost them money in fines. You’ll be amazed how quickly they jump to it once you do.

Been in a similar position to you on two separate occasions. Waiting, waiting.

The day the first contact arrived from the regulator a courtesy car arrived.
Shortly after that I was offered the choice of “redress”, so every penny I’d spent back plus some goodwill compensation, or the car replaced with something else.

I took the latter. Was offered a choice of cars already in UK or very close to arriving. Chose something with slightly different options and paid the difference.

If I’d not involved the FCA I don’t think I’d have come off as well. Dealers don’t like taking cars back and will obfuscate for as long as possible hoping you get bored. As soon as the law’s involved, things suddenly change.

Thanks for that. I’ve decided that rather than calling the dealership tomorrow I will send an email setting out my complaint and insisting on written exchanges between us so as to have an accurate record. I will certainly mention the FCA as I have the car on a PCP deal through PSA Finance who, as owner of the goods, will be copied into my message.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Sounds like Peugeot are in a bind with lots of sub-standard stock to shift before an eventual solution appears. No doubt it will all be blamed on Trump / BREXIT / COVID-19 etc.

I think that you are correct about your options above, but worry less about the OLEV reaction to the Charge Point as that is not your problem but the installers. As long as you opt for an EV (even a leased one for 6 months) it will sort itself out.

Personally I am not a fan of the missing tech so would take options 1 or 4 (and look for another EV manufacturer), in which case it is just a matter of deciding how much my car would be devalued either to me (not much, but maybe more to you) or on resale (hard to tell, but I'd say £500 as a best guess as you'll find a mug who doesn't spot that the feature is missing when the time comes but it will be a bit more hassle or a WBAC type job). I don't think options 2 or 3 will fly.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My e2008 is due end May, but production is being stopped in car factories, so it could be a long wait. If they don't have an in stock replacement and you can live without Driver Assist Plus it might be worth going hard for significant compensation. Try and get it for the price of a GT Line.

Ihttps://europe.autonews.com/automakers/renault-nissan-vws-seat-halt-spain-output-after-virus-hits-supply-chain

1 - 20 of 98 Posts