Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please tell me, in non technical language, what difference I'll notice, if any, now that the software work carried out on this device has been completed? It took the garage two days to do what they had to do as apparently complications arose. Is the process they undertook due to Peugeot having identified a manufacturing fault with the contraption or simply a question of routine improvement in the interests of maintaining good customer relations? What exactly?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Are you referring to the Rapid Charging update and Range software update? If yours is an early 208, then the range GOM should decrease in 1 mile increments (more gradual and accurate decrease in range estimate) instead of 7mile chunks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a 2020 Allure model. Nothing's been mentioned about Rapid Charge, just the range instrument...

·
Registered
607 Posts
If your model was built before 9/2020 it may require a rapid charging update. The update just ensures better compatibility with rapid chargers, handshake etc, but also dash info remains on throughout the charging process so you can see how rapidly your battery is charging. It also charges a little bit more quickly now also after the update. It maintains a higher rate of charge from lower state of charge for longer.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all that.

I think my car was reg in Jan last year. However, as I said before, the garage didn't make any mention of the rapid charging situation. The work they carried out was as a result of my complaining about the screen range thingy being slow to change - which situation doesn't appear to have improved at all... I never has the slightest with the Renault Zoe and now wish I hadn't swapped for the variously disappointing Peogeot e208.

Meanwhile and on another subject, the many game-changing credentials of the BYD Dolphin appear, prima facie, mouth-frothingly enticing. Not least among its seductive qualities will likely be its mega price busting element. I eagerly await its predicted 2022 arrival on our shores. Even as I write, legacy EV makers must be quaking in their collective boots, as well they might; the brown stuff must already be running down their corporate legs. I predict that the emergence of this particular car will have as big an impact on world markets as did the Mini when it first presented itself. BYD quite literally won't be able to make enough
of their exciting contender for our dosh. Furthermore it'll herald the virtual onslaught of a whole slew of similarly talented Chinese competitors clamouring for our custom. Truly a revolution is about to hit us. My message to western rivals is: come the Dolphin landing on British soil, compared to what you presently offer y o u r vehicles will look like a shed to The Shard - fall awake!

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
I don’t think you have any idea what you are doing with your car tbh

you’ve shown over and over again you don’t know how even the basic functions work :(

I also went from a zoe ZE40 fast charge sig nav and the e208 is a massive step up

how many miles are you doing per journey? Surely you’ve got it sorted in your head that the car does about 150miles around town and 180miles on the motorway at 60mph

if you don’t know, then you just press the button on the end of the stalk to give you your average mpkwh over the 2 trip computers and multiply by 45 or 47 (battery size I’m still unsure of) to get your range just like you would for a petrol car

the zoe GOM was no better

so if you have regen from 100% then everything else is as per the pinned topic at the top of this bit of the forum - you don’t have to post the same question 3 times

JJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts