Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have my e208 booked in to get a new key coded to it and when speaking to the dealer they mentioned that there had been a recall relating to the battery and that they would need to do a software update too. I have searched around but can't find any mention of this anywhere else - does anyone have any information on this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
We bought our e208 at Christmas and have hardly driven it but on two occasions it has failed to start (when fully charged) with no indication of why - no error messages or similar. The RAC man who rescued us the first time said there was an intermittent problem with the control battery which can sometimes be fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting it but that didn't work. After recovery to the garage where we bought it and waiting over the weekend, we were told the car needed a software update even though there had been no message to that effect. The second time this happened (yesterday), we could start the car but it would not engage drive (in Drive or Reverse). We called the RAC and while we were waiting (after about 20 mins) decided to try starting it again. It started so we were able to take it to the garage where we bought it. Today, the service dept let us know there are two technical faults with the car and that there was a recall published yesterday. They are keeping it over the bank holiday weekend and are awaiting more information from Peugeot about the recall. We are very pleased with the car's performance but these two incidents have made us question the wisdom of this purchase. There was no mention of this kind of problem in all the research we did before we chose this car.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,777 Posts
We bought our e208 at Christmas and have hardly driven it but on two occasions it has failed to start (when fully charged) with no indication of why - no error messages or similar. The RAC man who rescued us the first time said there was an intermittent problem with the control battery which can sometimes be fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting it but that didn't work. After recovery to the garage where we bought it and waiting over the weekend, we were told the car needed a software update even though there had been no message to that effect. The second time this happened (yesterday), we could start the car but it would not engage drive (in Drive or Reverse). We called the RAC and while we were waiting (after about 20 mins) decided to try starting it again. It started so we were able to take it to the garage where we bought it. Today, the service dept let us know there are two technical faults with the car and that there was a recall published yesterday. They are keeping it over the bank holiday weekend and are awaiting more information from Peugeot about the recall. We are very pleased with the car's performance but these two incidents have made us question the wisdom of this purchase. There was no mention of this kind of problem in all the research we did before we chose this car.
The Corsa has similar starting foibles. I have to hold brake and power button together until ready light comes on. Quick stab of the two rarely works. Also if you don't put it in D or R within a few minutes of starting it, it drops back into the no drive mode but the car is on. All the PSA cars seem to have similar failings. They're all in various states of completeness.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
The Corsa has similar starting foibles. I have to hold brake and power button together until ready light comes on. Quick stab of the two rarely works. Also if you don't put it in D or R within a few minutes of starting it, it drops back into the no drive mode but the car is on. All the PSA cars seem to have similar failings. They're all in various states of completeness.
It can be a tad confusing to start the car when new to EVs as when you leave the car in ready mode it goes into non ready mode after a min or so. Not really foibles but when used to turning a key and the motor turning over its complicated

the other thing is the 12v battery is key to starting the car and if this goes flat (only charged when engine is running) then the car may fail to start (like a petrol car)

no recall I’m aware of

JJ

·
Registered
74 Posts
my 2008 was in the garage for a month trying to fix a fault that appeared on dash said "battery charge fault stop the vehicle" had to wait for psa technical in France to tell them how to fix it then 10 days for the part to arrive, hope that's the last of it

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just taken my e208 in for its first service and been told about this too. I've never had any issues with it started (although @Problemchild is right about it starting in "not ready" mode which caught me out a couple times at the beginning).

It sounded like the update was to do with the charging system... or something. From what they said in the dealership. Would be interested to find out more about it. Just for geek points. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When mine had the update the only thing they could tell be about the recall was that it "increased the range". Afterwards the predicted range did jump up and it now seems to be a more accurate reflection of how much is actually left, otherwise I haven't noticed any difference.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I agree it’s freed up some range (whether this is a calculation or access to another kWh of the battery….who knows)

ive had zero issues with rapid charging since

I honestly think the comms between car and charger times out and they have extended that time

it’s all good for the e208 👍🏻

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One small change I've noticed post update. When charging the dash shows the status of the charge throughout the whole charge when before it turned off after a few minutes. Very welcome as I had to either use the flaky app or turn on the car to see how it was getting on before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts