Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My car is going in next week, as a consequence of visit to my dealer today. It just came up in conversation.
yeah I think people need to just be aware when they book in for yr1 service

JJ

·
Registered
521 Posts
I can't find the thread,but the Corsa owners were also talking about the recall.
Anyhow my car went in yesterday, first thing. I get a call late afternoon asking if they could keep my car for another day, problems!! This was then compounded by a call from the Service Manager asking me what was going on with my car as a compressor was still on the shelf, booked out for my car.

So at least I know parts are being replaced.

Regarding the mess up by the dealer, I'll discuss that later, when I get my car back.

·
Registered
646 Posts
And that is a concern as most dealers/service personal will not have a much of a clue in replacing such an item on a new EV as they have never worked on them before. It will all be a "first experience" for most of them. As time goes on it will become simple and routine but will all be a bit trial and error and looking at diagrams for now.

·
Registered
521 Posts
It looks like my delay had nothing to do with the car, more a case of workshop allocation and my car got pushed back to later in the day.

It wasn't ready for collection until 1PM today, so in reality, little or no work done on it yesterday.

·
Registered
646 Posts
It looks like my delay had nothing to do with the car, more a case of workshop allocation and my car got pushed back to later in the day.

It wasn't ready for collection until 1PM today, so in reality, little or no work done on it yesterday.
Incredible how often we are asked to drop our cars off "first thing" (any dealer from any manufacturer) and then it sits there all day and increasingly often it is not even touched until last thing or even the next day. With the i3 I would always check my app (which tells you where the car is and if the doors and windows or boot are open- a good sign that somebody is working on the car, but it would just remain locked up and parked exactly where I had left it 8 hours earlier, untouched)

·
Registered
521 Posts
My wife's MB was scheduled for a service yesterday, but because of this (with the terrific co-operation of MB) went in just after 7am this morning. Car check videos sent to my mobile and car was ready by 11am. Service staff excellent, what a contrasting two days.

My car had a dual dashcam set up fitted this morning and my wife's car had one fitted this afternoon. Both now offer live camera feed to a mobile. Simple to see what is happening with the car when left somewhere else.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had mine done yesterday - faultless. Dropped off at 11am and was ready for collection at 3pm

service, recall, safety check with video walk around emailed to me.

in terms of working on cars, firstly a mechanic isnt a true mechanic now (no offence to mechanics/workshop technicians at all) but the step by step guide of how to do things are clear and documented so replacing parts is easy as pie! Cars aren’t that complicated :)

as for time at the dealership, you need to understand how that works. A waiting customer will always get priority. If you drop off a car, it will be fitted in between the waiting customers. If you want your car dealt with in a set time frame that make sure you state you want to wait for your car.

but I feel peoples pain - when I had my cam belt changed on the Brabus, I booked it into the merc dealer under my sisters network. 100 miles away in Oxford but at friends and family rates, this made it well worth it.

so I arrived at 9am and dropped the car off. I’d hired a car for the day and me and my son spent the day touring the countryside, went for a walk, a museum or 2, lunch out etc and about 3pm I called the garage....hadn’t even been started yet. Oh wow!! So i wasted an hour then drive back to drop the hire car off and walked to the dealership - they were working on it but some of the parts weren’t in!! Wow!!

so obviously I kicked off a bit and because my sis was head of customer services they ran around and eventually gave me the managers A-class to go home in.

I had the A-class for a week before they dropped my Brabus back.

so yes it can all be a pita!!

JJ

1 - 14 of 14 Posts