Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The door label merely gives bar figures, which mean nothing to me. What I'd very, very much like to know is the >psi< figs front and rear, repeat, as stated by PEUGEOT. Does anyone know? I've consulted the dealer from whom I bought car but drawn a blank, which is infuriating. What's particularly concerning is that at the start of a journey of over 200 miles earlier this week a warning symbol was, and remains, showing on the screen obviously signalling a problem but of course I don't know how severe. I just hope I haven't done the tyres any permanent damage.

Over to you, folks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had same problem when I bought my car, simple "Google" search to calculate the PSI value then either a permanent marker pen to write on the door pillar along side the Bar value or a business card in the glove pocket.
Bar to PSI convertor (1bar = 14.5 PSI)(y)

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
1,033 Posts
The door label merely gives bar figures, which mean nothing to me. What I'd very, very much like to know is the >psi< figs front and rear, repeat, as stated by PEUGEOT. Does anyone know? I've consulted the dealer from whom I bought car but drawn a blank, which is infuriating. What's particularly concerning is that at the start of a journey of over 200 miles earlier this week a warning symbol was, and remains, showing on the screen obviously signalling a problem but of course I don't know how severe. I just hope I haven't done the tyres any permanent damage.

Over to you, folks.
Simply convert Bar to PSI. Most service station air pumps, the ones where you set the pressure you want and then fill the tyre until the pump beeps have a button to set either PSI or Bar anyway.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your painstaking reply.

I always take a car to KwikFit to have tyre pressures checked because in my experience service station equipment is notoriously unreliable whereas KF's is accurate as it's more sophisticated. The local Peugeot dealer (I didn't acquire the vehicle from them) this morning told me that the psi figs are apparently displayed on a tiny silver and white label on the inside of the driver's door but they themselves kindly checked with their workshop to assert that the official figs are 32 psi all round if just driver occupation or 36 f and r if the cabin and/or boot is heavily laden. I'm extremely cross with the supplying dealer because I specifically instructed them, in writing, among a raft of other aspects, that ahead of my 225 mile homewards journey last week they ensure tyre pressures were correct. Among the first things I noticed as I set off was a tyre pressure icon come up on the dashboard - huh! God knows if I've done any permanent damage to the tyres driving all that way with that (ignored) warning in front of me... Tomorrow I'll ask KF to take an expert look and ask their advice; I'm apprehensive at what I'll discover...

Another thing I noticed on that ten hour drive - see earlier thread about the horrendous problems I faced en route in my attempts to thrice juice up, cumulatively just short of xzzsring NIGHTmare - was that the speed limiter is utterly but utterly useless. Most irritating. I'm fully familiar from previous cars as to how this facility works so that's not the problem. The problem IS that the instructions I give the thing are utterly ignored. Given the dazzlingly swift acceleration that characterises the Pug I severally found myself exceeding speed limits despite setting what I required each time I needed to make adjustments. I'm now fearful that I'm going to shortly receive goodness knows how many speeding tickets as a result of my unintended transgression(s). Unfortunately the local Peogeot dealer entails a round trip of eleven miles so I'll have to wait until next week to get them to have a look to diagnose the situation when, at the same time, I have front and rear mudflaps fitted along with a pair of horizontal door protection strips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts