Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I am hopefully going to be signing up to ONTO soon and can't decide between IONIQ and e208. Would like to try my first EV.

Me:
  • Live in a city with plenty of charging points but can't charge at home
  • Dont travel for work so only leisure

I love the look of e208 but from what I have heard the Ioniq is more efficient so can potentially get more range? On the other hand Ioniq charges slower so maybe an issue for me if I can't charge at home? Just wondering if anyone had any experience with both or either and could share their experience/thoughts :))

Thank you!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Faster charging and good looks trumps efficiency in my book. I too have no home charging and reply solely on public & workplace charging, which is why I went for the Ampera, but now I'mm getting ready to go fully electric.

In the world of opportunistic public charging, getting as much charge as possible in the least amount of time is what it's all about. Every extra kWh you can get is a few more miles before you're getting critically low again.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
As the 100kw chargers come in then the e208 has to be the best choice so you can maximise that extra speed

It’s also a much nicer and refined car

it beat the Tesla m3 and the Porsche taycan(?) in the European car of the year

JJ

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208 / '22 ID.3 Family
3,777 Posts
If I were you I’d go for the e208 GT - they are getting a new batch of these in early May.

See how you get it on with it, and if you want you can always then swap to the Ioniq instead after a month.

I myself have had an i3, then a Kona - which I have now but don’t like much at all. I’m swapping to the e208 GT as for me, how a car feels to drives is quite important, and the Kona (and probably the Ioniq) is quite lacking in this respect.

Practically speaking though, it mainly depends on where you drive & live and what chargers are available to you. If there’re 100kW+ chargers, then the e208 will be “faster” overall, as well as being a better drive and generally more interesting. No ACC or heated seats though...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts