Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered an e208 GT in August, for September build and a November delivery. Dealer called today to say build is Jan/Feb with a Feb/March delivery.

Allure Premium being offered for November/December, and tempted though wary that this may move back to 2021 too.

Anyone else had same experience?

·
Registered
Volkswagen e-Golf 2018
2,038 Posts
My dealer is still saying a December delivery for my e-208 GT, but I’m not sure I believe them.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Try ordering an e-2008 GT. Ordered July start for August/September start delivery. Now November....maybe.

Others ordered the same in February and still no firm date.

That’s COVID!

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,101 Posts
There's quite a lot on Autrader but they're mostly Allure spec. Is that the base model? I've never worked out the 208 trims.

There are nearly 50 GTs nearly new or ex demo. Nearly 90 of the Allures. Some GT lines as well. There's no shortage if you want one now rather than waiting months.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You not buy one off Autotrader at reduced price ?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
I'd be careful with buying off Autotrader, some are the early models and it won't necessarily have the equipment that the ad claims.

Personally we ordered our GT in June through Drive Electric who supposedly already had some on order for August, but that's since been pushed back to October build for November delivery. I reckon they were bullshitting about having a delivery incoming just to get sales - they conveniently didn't tell us about the delay until moments after we'd paid the admin fee.

·
Registered
210 Posts
My e2008 was meant to come on Monday, but they didn't turn up. I had to phone them at the end of the day to find out they weren't coming. Supposed to arrive today, we'll see. I guess what's a few more days on a four and half month delay.

·
Registered
427 Posts
My e2008 was meant to come on Monday, but they didn't turn up. I had to phone them at the end of the day to find out they weren't coming. Supposed to arrive today, we'll see. I guess what's a few more days on a four and half month delay.
Another hacking victim by the sounds. GEFCO, PSA’s logistics and prep outfit were hacked the other day. Result is they don’t have locations on their sites for cars. Tens of thousands on their sites so not a small issue.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'd be careful with buying off Autotrader, some are the early models and it won't necessarily have the equipment that the ad claims.

Personally we ordered our GT in June through Drive Electric who supposedly already had some on order for August, but that's since been pushed back to October build for November delivery. I reckon they were bullshitting about having a delivery incoming just to get sales - they conveniently didn't tell us about the delay until moments after we'd paid the admin fee.
Ours is ordered through a different lease broker but the same main dealer’s supplying.

Been speaking with that particular dealer. It looks like we’re on for November. At the moment. They have about 50 GTs all for build in a couple of weeks.

Problems were caused by COVID and the regular August shutdown.

Drive Electric sent me an email 2 weeks ago saying delivery in 4 weeks. When I called them they said “Ah, actually....” and then tried to blame the delay on Lex’s credit check/processing times. So yes. I think they’ve been winging it.

But then, to be fair, C19’s screwed the whole supply chain up.....and the broker to say “we’ve no idea when it will arrive” probably isn’t going to get the business.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Another hacking victim by the sounds. GEFCO, PSA’s logistics and prep outfit were hacked the other day. Result is they don’t have locations on their sites for cars. Tens of thousands on their sites so not a small issue.
It turned up this afternoon, yes the hack caused the delay. Driven the 2008 GT 30 miles this evening, very happy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ours is ordered through a different lease broker but the same main dealer’s supplying.

Been speaking with that particular dealer. It looks like we’re on for November. At the moment. They have about 50 GTs all for build in a couple of weeks.

Problems were caused by COVID and the regular August shutdown.

Drive Electric sent me an email 2 weeks ago saying delivery in 4 weeks. When I called them they said “Ah, actually....” and then tried to blame the delay on Lex’s credit check/processing times. So yes. I think they’ve been winging it.

But then, to be fair, C19’s screwed the whole supply chain up.....and the broker to say “we’ve no idea when it will arrive” probably isn’t going to get the business.
So how does the ownership chain work? From my understanding there's Drive Electric, who talk to a main broker (in my case Arval), who source the finance, then also the car from a main dealer?

·
Registered
427 Posts
So how does the ownership chain work? From my understanding there's Drive Electric, who talk to a main broker (in my case Arval), who source the finance, then also the car from a main dealer?
Yep, Drive Electric are the broker. Arval are the funder (PNB Paribas Bank).
They contract you, manage the lease and pay the broker’s commission.
Either the broker or the funder would source the car.
It’s generally the funder who’s invoiced for the car by the dealer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts