Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a meeting in 12 hours with the leader of Hyndburn Council with regards to the installation of rapid chargers in the borough to make East Lancashire more accessible for #EVs.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hope it goes well. I can't see much on zapmap in that area at present.
If they drive, and they have never driven an EV, you might suggest that they think about taking up the Nissan 7 day test drive offer.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I have a meeting in 12 hours with the leader of Hyndburn Council with regards to the installation of rapid chargers in the borough to make East Lancashire more accessible for #EVs.
Good luck, quite a few councils in the south east run ev pool cars, ideal for the local work they normally do and makes them more aware of need for charge points. They seem to be more impressed by the cost savings than environmental benefits though :eek:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Good work! I hope it goes well, we're definitely a little lacking in rapids in this area, apart from the south of Blackburn anyway!

·
Registered
193 Posts
TfGM have done an outstanding job. I'm obviously biased but I think GMEV is the best or certainly second best charging network in the UK. There are certainly benefits to seeking advice from TfGM and utilising @CYC to manage any infrastructure they may install. It would be sensible that the growing GMEV userbase can easily use the same card on neighbouring setups and vice versa. Keep the focus on making the North West the best place to own an EV. All local councillors lap that up.

Also be clear that expecting to turn a profit or neutraising running costs is not going to happen in the near future, if ever. The benefits come in the longer term, from encouraging sustainable transport. As demonstrated by the Electric Highway. Councils have a responsibility to encourage sustainable transport and reduce carbon emissions from transport.

Demonstrate the mess made by other Council's in introducing high fees for public charging too soon, and point out the positive approach by York Council of charging a reasonable 15p/kWh. A maximum parking time of 30mins to 1 hour for rapid chargers to keep them available. And free parking while charging for 32A charge points.

Lastly don't be disillusioned if anything they tell you doesn't happen, or they completely ignore everything you tell them. That's just the way these things go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts