Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've seen videos on YouTube about Nissan's easy fill tyre inflation thing as part of the tyre monitoring. It's listed on the current leaf page on the Nissan website.

Our 15 plate tekna has the pressure monitoring system but I am not certain if it has easy fill too. (The booklet doesn't mention it).

Am I doing it wrong or is it only on that latest model?

Cheers,
Jay

·
Registered
758 Posts
I've over inflated my tyres (from handbook 36psi to 39.5psi) but never got a honk from the horn to indicate over inflation, tyre pressure system then reset at new pressures.

From the Nissan June 6 2012 press release it appeared to be three car models in the USA (incl Leaf) - perhaps country specific, or perhaps just short lived. Most of the google searches seem to spell tyre as tire too - so again suspect its not EU/UK specifications

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've over inflated my tyres (from handbook 36psi to 39.5psi) but never got a honk from the horn to indicate over inflation, tyre pressure system then reset at new pressures.

From the Nissan June 6 2012 press release it appeared to be three car models in the USA (incl Leaf) - perhaps country specific, or perhaps just short lived. Most of the google searches seem to spell tyre as tire too - so again suspect its not EU/UK specifications
I think you might be right. The info I have seen is generally American with the exception of the current Nissan page
Features Nissan LEAF - Electric Car - Hatchback | Nissan
So I suspect its on the new ones but not mine.

·
Registered
758 Posts
[QUOTE="Lordyosch, post: 799785, member: 23465"
So I suspect its on the new ones but not mine.[/QUOTE]

Mines 7 weeks old - perhaps i'm deaf ?

·
Super Moderator
12,208 Posts
I'm not even sure if our 17 plate has TPMS. LEAFSpy doesn't show it working. One of those things I haven't bothered to check.

I've been using an old fashioned tire pressure gauge.

BTW I used the "emergency" air pump hidden in the boot. My good one accidentally ended up in storage.

It isn't very good but it did work.

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,703 Posts
I'm not even sure if our 17 plate has TPMS. LEAFSpy doesn't show it working. One of those things I haven't bothered to check.

I've been using an old fashioned tire pressure gauge.

BTW I used the "emergency" air pump hidden in the boot. My good one accidentally ended up in storage.

It isn't very good but it did work.
Pretty sure all UK spec cars have to have TPMS nowadays... it might need a setting change in Leaf Spy, there are I think two ways it can check them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts