Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this exist? I see references to it in the FAQ on Renault's site, but it says to go to "Easy Connect Store" in My Renault. The only option I have is for the R-Link store which wants me to register an R-Link or R-Link 2... which isn't what the ZE50 has, or is it? It doesn't accept my VIN anyway so I guess not!

Just wondering if there were any vaguely interesting apps I could add!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
The ZE50 Is definitely Easy Link, not R-Link. Right now a lot of things feel broken in the software side of things so not too surprised that certain features are completely missing.

Looking on my account, it also only shows the R-Link store which is of no use for that model. So for now I'd say it doesn't exist despite the website and guides talking about it. Maybe a software update for the car will fix this later, and they will then open up the right webpage for it online too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi both!

Sorry to piggyback on an old conversation! Quick question if you don’t mind?

Picked up my Zoe ZE50 yesterday and have tried to hook up the car to my phone so I can activate preconditioning.

Just checking that I need to give it a few days for Renault to activate it their end? Their provided literature suggests it’ll be available both immediately but also after a wait 😂 Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t going fully crackers!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Does this exist? I see references to it in the FAQ on Renault's site, but it says to go to "Easy Connect Store" in My Renault. The only option I have is for the R-Link store which wants me to register an R-Link or R-Link 2... which isn't what the ZE50 has, or is it? It doesn't accept my VIN anyway so I guess not!

Just wondering if there were any vaguely interesting apps I could add!
Rlink is for the previous model Zoe's (22 and 41 models) thats why rlink wont recognise your VIN.
You need to register at MY Renault - login to your account - Renault UK its just merchandise on sale, the other item of interest there atm is map updates which currently needs to be done via a USB flash drive, though Renault say this will go to OTA updates at some point like updates to the cars systems already are.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Hi both!

Sorry to piggyback on an old conversation! Quick question if you don’t mind?

Picked up my Zoe ZE50 yesterday and have tried to hook up the car to my phone so I can activate preconditioning.

Just checking that I need to give it a few days for Renault to activate it their end? Their provided literature suggests it’ll be available both immediately but also after a wait 😂 Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t going fully crackers!
Have you downloaded the My Renault app to your phone and connected the phone via bluetooth to the car? if you have then enter the app and start the pairing process, you will get a code on the easylink screen to enter into your phone, usually it pairs instantly but it can take a few hours too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all! Finally managed to get it working! Turns out I had missed a screen (that isn’t shown anywhere on the app/instruction book that I can see).
When you first start the car, it presents you with which user you’d like to select (1-6, plus Guest account). Beneath that is a grey button that says “connections” (or similar)

I had to click this and agree to terms before anything else kicked in… previously I had selected the user and clicked on the car icon (top right - beneath the clock).

After agreeing to the terms etc, Data Sharing activated and I now have access to the battery info, charge schedule and preconditioning (hurrah). Took a couple hours to work through (and a couple hours for preconditioning to show in app).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts