Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Getting my new Ze50 from DSG on Monday and this version of Zoe has Easy Link rather than the older version of R link that is on my current Ze40.

So a couple of questions for you guys who have the Ze50...
a) does the ze50 have an SD card that we have to update on occasion.
b) can the software on my pc used to update the SD card on my current Ze40 be removed or is it still required for something?
c) any advice you would give regarding the change over.
I will reset the the ze40 with factory settings before DSG take her but do I need to change anything online.

I have the latest app on my phone (galaxy s7edge) so I guess I just remove the old Zoe from that and add the new VIN?

Many thanks for your replies as they arrive..

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,732 Posts
a) No SD card and all updates are OTA
b) Old software not required anymore. This is a completely different system
c) Just delete the old app and install MyRenault app.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 GT-Line with CCS in Aconite.
148 Posts
Easy link took a couple of days to provide all the information for MYRenault. It is though various parts of it are turned on in stages! you have to activate the "Share Information" request when you turn the system on. Good luck, the battery meter is accurate for the charge but not the range (In my case anyway)
The energy Info no longer exists in the car info app, this has been turned off by Renault, which is a shame. So no histograph showing consumption & regeneration via the braking.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a) No SD card and all updates are OTA
b) Old software not required anymore. This is a completely different system
c) Just delete the old app and install MyRenault app.
Thanks for quick reply.. I have the new app already downloaded it a couple of months ago.. it works for the the ze40 so I guess I delete the ze40 from it and let it connect to the new ze50?

·
Registered
ZE50 GT Line R135 CCS, Mar '20
182 Posts
The energy Info no longer exists in the car info app, this has been turned off by Renault, which is a shame. So no histograph showing consumption & regeneration via the braking.
Annoyingly one of the videos does show it so it is either planned, or currently deactivated.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 GT-Line with CCS in Aconite.
148 Posts
According to the e-link helpline it has now been removed and they will be updating the e-guide site soon.
Renault do seem to keep useful information about their products from customers, my dealer was in ignorance as well.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
There are some FAQs at link below, plus electronic versions of manual.

Reactions: ArthurGreenWorld
1 - 8 of 8 Posts