Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ebay item 254317993429 says it's a 'Brink ' removable crowbar for an e-Niro £500+
Suitable for most break-ins I presume :ROFLMAO::oops:

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you go onto the Brink website , https://brink.eu/en-gb/towbar/kia/niro/, it asks if the Tow bar is for a E Niro. Then goes on to find a local fitter. You could check if they are happy to fit it. It's also cheaper on their site if they do sell direct.
It's not really a ' Tow bar ' , it's for bike racks .

·
Registered
302 Posts
Darn Predictive text 'Towbar'
Yes, don't you just love autocorrect on phones, although nowhere near as bad as when I was a sysop for Adobe Photoshop when they had their online forums on Compuserve.
One guy was having problems with having all his images corrupted when he saved them to his hard drive. I told him that he was having problems with his hard dick and should think about replacing it (obviously meant hard disk) :eek:.
Never did live that one down with the other sysops LOL.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro
3 Posts
Great video, thanks for posting this. I'm searching for a bike solution for my e-niro, this looks a good option, be really interested to hear how you get on with the performance and mileage impact when carrying bikes with this.

I just checked the brink website - NIRO | Brink - it seems they are not offering an e-niro option any more here, does anyone know why (maybe I am doing the search wrong)?

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro
3 Posts
Ah I get it now, you have to ignore the hourglass in the build year, and click on the "search towbar" button, then you get the result.

@Malc you mentioned about warranty above. do you know what the implications are to the warranty of having this installed ? Can it be cleanly removed without leaving any trace, should you want to sell the car?

Many thanks

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 3 Slinky Silver, Renault Zoe R135GT
289 Posts
Would be good to know an answer to that question as thinking of doing the same. I know if you lease the car you have to ask the funders permission but so far not been clear if it impacts the Kia Warranty (no doubt a caveat that a founder would insist on)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ah I get it now, you have to ignore the hourglass in the build year, and click on the "search towbar" button, then you get the result.

@Malc you mentioned about warranty above. do you know what the implications are to the warranty of having this installed ? Can it be cleanly removed without leaving any trace, should you want to sell the car?

Many thanks
Yes, it could be removed. My point on the warranty is that it’s not a tow bar for towing. It’s for a bike carrier. They allow it in Europe so why not uk. They would have to show to prove any issue was a direct result of having this installed. So unless it was the drive train I doubt it would be possible. Of course if it was the drivetrain And I was using it at the time I’d have to take that on the chin. But I’m not travelling long distance. Just a few miles and back. So as I own the car it’s my risk to take. But it can be removed at a later date. Also, I have covered the hole underneath with a piece of hard plastic floor mat to make it less noticeable when not in use if on a mean is garage jack’s etc. Just cut to size and slotted in.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro
3 Posts
Thanks @Malc, good to know.

I also emailed Kia to ask this question, here is the reply:

"As your e-Niro doesn’t have the facility to tow, any products then fitted to the vehicle would be classed as a modification.
This wouldn’t invalidate the warranty, however, the modification itself won’t be covered and if a fault can be linked to the fact the work was completed by an independent company a future warranty claim may be declined."

So this pretty much seems OK I think, warranty certainly not not invalidated.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 3 Slinky Silver, Renault Zoe R135GT
289 Posts
Well that's clear. I guess it then comes down to the competency of who installs the tow bar and if when installing they impact the integrity of the car. Doubt if it will especially as in other European counties you seem to be able have a tow bar installed via Kia

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just had mine fitted. I own the car so accept any impact on warranty etc, but it is not for towing and only fits bike carriers. 75kg limit. £499 fitted with 7pin electrics. It is detachable and all hidden when removed.
Hi Marc, where did you buy from and who did the fitting? Also why did you opt for 7pin vs. 13?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, if you look on the brink website they list authorised dealers. It was one of those that fitted mine. I live in Ireland. Also, I got 13 pin in the end, not 7pin.my mistake

·
Registered
2015 Ampera Positiv MY12
253 Posts
I have one of these bike carrier bars for my Ampera. Used it lots for 200 mile trips in the UK. Confuses the rear parking sensors when the bar is fitted, but otherwise great.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts