Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Eniro 4+
74 Posts
Done today. About six hours total, including lunch. I could do another in 2 hours though I reckon now I know where the screws are, and the wiring plugs located.

Seats and boot floor trim out first.

Lh boot upper and lower side trims out next.

TowBar bolts in underneath, no need to drill any holes... There are captive nuts in the chassis legs already. Instructions say remove rear bumper but I left mine in place and made the cut to the bumper with it on the car. Can't see cut out unless you look under the car.

Subwoofer out next. Wiring fed thru existing grommet, no drilling needed.
Only 5 wires to connect 2x CAN, 1x earth and 1 to rear left tail light above the sub, and 1x power wire to run to the front fusebox (only a think wire so its easy to tuck under trim and carpet) and small control unit to hide, it's behind the skin behind the sub. Black and yellow CAN wires were taped up neatly afterwards!

Didn't photo the bar fitting but it's 8 bolts, you can't go wrong. All trim back in, wire up the connector (I only need 7 pin electrics) and job done.

When bar removed and plug stowed you'd not know it was there.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I hope to get mine installed this coming week as well. Haven't used the MTB since I purchased the car a month ago.

·
Registered
Eniro 4+
74 Posts
Easy to do be fair if you've any basic DIY skills. You dont much in the way of tools either.

I just can't bring myself to pay someone hundreds of pounds to do easy stuff. My neighbour though I'd go crazy taking a 70 plate car to bits!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts