Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new Shine Plus yesterday, drove over 100 miles, charged and enjoyed it.

This morning jumped in the car and got error "electric traction system fault; stop vehicle, see onbaord documents" still had 140+ miles range but wouldnt start. Looked on other forums etc and the temp fix is to leave it for a while and then try. Still nothing an hour / two hours later. Same error. Also car no longer charges.

Got awful customer service bounced around from dealer, Citroen customer car, breakdown recovery and in the end RAC via Citroen recovery visited and ran diagnositics showing multiple faults, they got it to limp but not far at all. Local Citroen have agreed to take it in but had to book it in via standard route which is 4 days away - hmmmm.

Anyway hope not many people have to go through this.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
9,531 Posts
That's poor. Make sure you get a loan car at least out of them. With it failing so soon and so catastrophically I'd be tempted to reject it immediately for a full refund.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had a e2008 with the same fault but mine did it first at 4000 miles the dealer had it for 6 weeks to fix it, over 13 months and 25k miles the same fault came back another 2 times.

run while you can! with it being so new id agree with srichards

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So to update, phoned the dealer and said money back please, they to be fair held their hands up and sending a flat bed to collect early next week. I have to say i'm never going to buy PSA ever again, their customer 'care' was truly awful.

·
Registered
Citroen C4e Shine
219 Posts
So to update, phoned the dealer and said money back please, they to be fair held their hands up and sending a flat bed to collect early next week. I have to say i'm never going to buy PSA ever again, their customer 'care' was truly awful.
When you say new, was it a factory order or ex demo or stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts