Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all EV drivers in Northern Ireland.

Can I have your experiences of the ecarsNI network? Two reasons: -
1. The ecarsNI website is useless, IMHO - opinions welcomed! Their 'how to use' video was created by the ESB down in ROI and only covers the motorway rapid charge points, not the fast charge public ones.

2. I did a trip to Derry / Londonderry last weekend and was disappointed with the available points - one in Carlisle Road, BT48 6JW had been reversed into and was out of order (according to zapmap.com, since December!). The one in The Diamond BT48 6HN was working, but the display was so scratched that the display was unreadable. I did manage to get it working with my ecarsNI access card and it was lucky that I have a 10m lead for my Outlander PHEV as some idiot had parked in the EV bay. Then, when I had finished charging the point would not release my cable! I called the emergency number and they disconnected it remotely which is good, but still not a great experience.

That's my rant over, but thoughts welcomed.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
The best you can do is to report and faults to the chargepoint operator; things like physical damage to charge points won't show up on their management systems as a fault, only faults that the device itself can diagnose as a fault.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Simon
I did report the faults via the ecarsNI website, but no response back - 4 days later!
If we want people to move over to EVs then the infrastructure has to lead demand!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I always prefer a phone call, at least then you can have a two-way conversation about the fault,and know it won't get ignored quite so quickly.
Ask for a fault reference, and an estimated time to repair.
(I've never had to engage with ecarsNI with regard to faults, so wouldn't know how efficient they are are handling fault reports).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.