Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me, folks, please: when driving in Eco mode does that mean no heating and air conditioning at all or are those two features simply limited somewhat - what exactly is the situation? Also, in that mode is top speed restricted and, if so, to what?

(Hopefully going to pick up my ex demo Allure beast early next week.)

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
570 Posts
Tell me, folks, please: when driving in Eco mode does that mean no heating and air conditioning at all or are those two features simply limited somewhat - what exactly is the situation? Also, in that mode is top speed restricted and, if so, to what?

(Hopefully going to pick up my ex demo Allure beast early next week.)
This is from the Corsa manual but it'll be exactly the same in the e-208:

Eco mode
Reduces fuel consumption by optimising the operation of the heating and air conditioning and, depending on version, the accelerator pedal, the automatic transmission and the gear shifting indicator.
While coasting the vehicle, the engine is idling with reduced engine brake.
Electric vehicle: To optimise range, electric engine power output is reduced and heating is switched off.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh dear...unlike my present Renault Zoe in which heating and a/c are unimpaired. Your news is a blow because it's my habit until now to always drive in Eco mode.... Thanks for the info. Appreciated.

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
570 Posts
Oh dear...unlike my present Renault Zoe in which heating and a/c are unimpaired. Your news is a blow because it's my habit until now to always drive in Eco mode.... Thanks for the info. Appreciated.
Why would you always drive in ECO mode? It is only there to extend the range if you really need it in order to reach a charger. Using it in ECO mode will give you ~8-10 miles extra range.

I always wonder about people who drive around in the middle of winter in their thick coats, hats, gloves and scarves, breath condensing in front of them and windows misting up with condensation and/or frost... on the inside because they will save 20p on a full charge.

You're splashing out ~£25k-£30k on a car. Enjoy the comforts and features and don't worry about the extra £10 a year it will cost you by not driving around in ECO mode.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I understand your question re Eco Mode and having owned an e208 for a year now, I do find it a bit daft, but that's how it is.

I try to get the best performance/economy from my car, but have found progressively, that I rarely use Eco myself.

Normal mode is perfectly fine. I appreciate why you ask this but trust me it really it shouldn't be a big deal.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
in my zoe, eco mode turned off air con and heater

JJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts