Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to gather everyone's opinions on using Eco Pro in both Max eDrive and Auto eDrive modes.

I've found that when in Max eDrive that Eco Pro is a bit more useful despite not having as much regenerative braking. I feel that it doesn't drain the battery as much and the coasting mode is more practical as I don't have to be on the throttle as much.

When in Auto eDrive and above the 50mph EV<->ICE cut-off I prefer Comfort mode as Eco Pro is too aggressive on limiting power output .

·
2018 Sport Premium with comfort pack
110 Posts
I drive most of the time in Eco Pro. If I'm driving within the range of the battery i.e. less than 20 miles I will use Max eDrive. If over that I use Auto eDrive and let the engine decide but make sure all the electric is used so if nearing the end of my journey and there is still 5 miles of electric I might switch to Max eDrive to use all the electric.
I switch into Comfort if I can see I will need to overtake or make a quicker pull away from a junction.
If I really want a change, I go into Sport mode :) . Some drivers use Sport mode to generate some electric power back into the battery but it is false economy as the petrol used to get a couple of miles back far outweighs the saving on electric regen.

·
Registered
F30 330e Sport
104 Posts
I had read from a few people who said it was best to leave it in 'comfort', and driven efficiently, it would almost match eco-pro. I disagree.

Eco-pro both in petrol and electric mode gives me the most miles per tank, and most miles to a battery charge. Sometimes when I'm in petrol mode and wanting a bit more responsiveness I'll pop it into comfort or sport (chassis option only), but to me it seems a false economy to do that when you're in electric mode (unless you've got more charge in the battery than you need. However when you need to accelerate (up a slip road for example), then eco-pro is false economy and it just doesn't shift as you want it to - comfort or sport is much better. Or when you're in an overtaking manouvre where you need the fastest response possible, then shift to the left for full sport mode.

I must say though after maybe a week of commuting and using eco-pro, sometimes it's nice to pop it into full sport or comfort mode on the Friday journey home - that starts the weekend off rather nicely!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts