Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mitsubishi are back in the EV game. After breaking new ground with the i-MiEV around 7 years ago, Mitsubishi hadn't really done much to further their EV offering. Until now.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. Photo: Mitsubishi

Outlander PHEV is a new plug-in hybrid version of their mid-sized 4x4 'SUV' which was renewed last year. It largely appears the same as the diesel counterpart, save for a few oversized 'PHEV' and 'Plug In Hybrid EV' badges and the addition of the charging flap on the driver's side rear quarter panel. In the UK, with Mitsubishi being a direct subsidiary of the Japanese parent company, the PHEV is more keenly priced than it is in Europe, launching with price parity to equivalently spec'ed diesel models.

http://www.eco-drive.co.uk/Mitsubishi-Outlander-PHEV-firstdrive

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
368 Posts
From the reviews I've read, it ticks all the boxes, enough EV autonomy for my local errands (no car commute), family practicality and proper seamless REX for weekends away.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Shame the styling is so anonymous. The Outlander has gone from a clumsy-looking first generation through to some smart restyles, but this is more than a little dull.

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
368 Posts
Shame the styling is so anonymous. The Outlander has gone from a clumsy-looking first generation through to some smart restyles, but this is more than a little dull.
I'll get it in black, no car looks bad in black ;-)

·
Super Moderator
7,533 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yours must be on the same boat as the rest of us that have ordered it.... delivery also apparently depends if you have extras on it as they come over in the same spec and are then refitted at the docks according to the dealer! Even leather interior etc - Mitsubishi are lean manufacturers!

They have been caught out with the popularity, and the fact the most popular model currently is the GX4hs.

Not the best looking car in the world by any stretch of the imagination. I resisted the black option although it looks great I've owned black cars and they can be a bugger to keep clean and show all the swirls in the sunlight and I'm a bit OCD. (wife says CDO as then it's in alphabetical order as it should be!;))

I've added the parking sensors; which surprised me that they were not standard on a vehicle that size! :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts