Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know this is a very stupid question, but I've lost the way to get to the settings for overnight economy electricity timings on my 2018 e-Golf.
I found them once, but I'm damned if I can find them now, I've been up and down the various menus and searched the awful manual in vain.
I need to change them because I've just switched my Octopus Energy tariff from Economy 7 (9.33p / kWh from 1AM to 8AM, 16.56p / kWh day rate) to their new GO tariff aimed at EV owners (5.00p / kWh from 0:30AM to 4:30AM , 13,8p/kWh day rate) The daily standing charge goes up from 18.9p to 25p
BTW they will give you a £50 credit if you sign up on line via and existing customer's personal link (free smart meter). If you would like a copy of my link please let me know.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On further investigation I have found 2 brief mentions in the Owner's Manual.
On Pg 191 "Other settings can also be made in the e-manager [symbol], e.g.off-peak power, air conditioning."
On Pg 32, third row of the table, second column " ... - Off-peak power" [symbol]" and third column "This menu is accessed via Departure time 1-3 (>)".
I think you must admit this is scant information for something that can potentially save you a lot of money and it's well buried .

·
Registered
137 Posts
I found it fairly easily in the Car-Net app under Departure Time, then either create a new charging location or edit and existing one. I created a new one called Home. Then scroll down to Off-Peak Power Period and set the start and end times and clock on. Again my settings are for Eco 7 from Start: 00:00 and End: 07:00. Then I also selected Function as Charging and air conditioning.
I amended one of the three Departure times to use the "Home" location and set my Departure time (06:30) and Regularly (On) then Selected Every Mon-Fri and turned that Departure Time On.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts