Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I appreciate this isn’t scientific, but I’ve conducted the experiment 5 times and results are very similar. In reality, I guess the findings have no real value, I just found it interesting.

The stretch of road is around 300 yards, 30mph, with a mini roundabout at the end.

Scenario 1 - all economy assist settings on, car in D, Mode set to comfort, Travel assist off

Scenario 2 - all economy assist settings on, car in D, Mode set to comfort, Travel assist on

In scenario 1, I see the little economy pedal appear around 150 yards from the roundabout. I lift off the accelerator and the car coasts, slowing to around 20mph in 100 yards, you then see the green regen line appear and the car slows further to around 15mph by the time it reaches the roundabout.

In scenario 2, the car continues to show a small amount of blue line, until it reaches about 50 yards and then the regen comes in much stronger, the car again slowing to around 15mph.

I’ve obviously no way of knowing which approach is more efficient, but I found it interesting that car didn’t follow its own advice on economy etc.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Theoretically if you start at 30 and finish at 15 there should be no difference as longer as both methods use regen for braking rather than brakes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts