Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if Ecoplugg are still in business?

The Zappi they installed a year or so ago has started bubbling and delaminating on the front panel, seems like a matter of time before it affects the buttons so could do with it being looked at sooner rather than later.

Emailed Ecoplugg 2 weeks ago, no reply. Tried phoning today, no answer.

No issues with the installation work itself BTW - top notch. Just a shame about the charger.

·
Registered
iD.3 Family, Moonstone Grey. (On order)
192 Posts
I would have thought that would be a warranty job for Zappi themselves, not ecoplugg:

I can't see anything about ecoplugg themselves on their website as regards still in business.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have thought that would be a warranty job for Zappi themselves, not ecoplugg:

I can't see anything about ecoplugg themselves on their website as regards still in business.
Yeah, myenergi have since been very good about it and sent me a new panel, no quibbles, also offered assistance with the fitting cost. Full marks. In fact I've had a couple of aftercare dealings with them, and they'be been brilliant every time.

Product warranty or not, I bought the charger from Ecoplugg so I see them as responsible for standing behind any defects in the first instance (and their website does say "3 year warranty"), and practically it would have saved me having to track down and arrange for an installer to fit the replacement panel.

Can anyone recommend a good installer that serves Derbyshire?

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,867 Posts
Who fitted the Zappi? If it was Ecoplugg they are required to provide a 3 year on-site warranty if they claimed the OLEV grant, but if they have gone out of business the liability passes back to the manufacturer.

·
Registered
iD.3 Family, Moonstone Grey. (On order)
192 Posts
Yeah, myenergi have since been very good about it and sent me a new panel, no quibbles, also offered assistance with the fitting cost. Full marks. In fact I've had a couple of aftercare dealings with them, and they'be been brilliant every time.
That sounds good. We are still deciding who to go with. It's down to Zappi or Andersen and Myenergis's customer care does seem better than Andersen's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts