Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Car club membership..
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been ecotricity customers for nearly 2 years. Not once i got a voucher or a box or chocolate..
Made comparison found cheaper rates and they didn’t have any retaining offers still..
Moving forward to OctopusEnergy then!

only worry is my swapping date was 3 months ago And i have over 700£ in credit in the ecotricity app..o_O

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,906 Posts
Have been ecotricity customers for nearly 2 years. Not once i got a voucher or a box or chocolate..
Made comparison found cheaper rates and they didn’t have any retaining offers still..

only worry is my swapping date was 3 months ago And i have over 700£ in credit in the ecotricity app..o_O
Legally they have to refund it. Call them ASAP as they may have some weak excuse for not returning it like "we don't know your bank details".

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I have had refunds before from Octopus first time I was with them few years ago and from Bulb, should be automatically returned to the paying account.

Reactions: andrew*debbie

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,663 Posts
Ecotricity customer service is actually really good. So if you contact them I don't imagine you will have any issues getting a refund pretty quickly if you ask.

Their prices are quite high but that's always been the case and it's made clear when signing up. Given the fact that you are paying for things like 'green gas' which very few companies offer it's not actually too bad, especially if you are a regular user of the Electric Highway as their discounts help too.

I don't remember them promising free candy or vouchers, nor will they haggle discounted prices. If you expect this from your new supplier Octopus too then you are likely going to be disappointed.

·
Super Moderator
7,472 Posts

Yeah I left them a couple of years ago. I like their mission, but the cost compared to bulb/octopus was just too high. Like, not a little bit higher, MASSIVELY higher.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Yeah I left them a couple of years ago. I like their mission, but the cost compared to bulb/octopus was just too high. Like, not a little bit higher, MASSIVELY higher.
Likewise. It was 30% higher than the best green deals when I left!

Reactions: onlineo

·
Registered
MG ZS EV Exclusive
346 Posts
I've NEVER found Ecotricity competitive when shopping around for a new energy supplier.
A word to the wise; Octopus Energy may be competitive if you have a smart meter but they're not the be-all-and-end-all if you've got a conventional 2-reading (Economy 7) meter.

Reactions: onlineo

·
Premium Member
Car club membership..
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Legally they have to refund it. Call them ASAP as they may have some weak excuse for not returning it like "we don't know your bank details".
As i was thinking .. don't think that as they have a balance to do refunds won't be as efficient to process the amount..

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,892 Posts
I've just done a quote for my usage. Instead of £100 a month I'm paying now I'd be paying £156 :ROFLMAO: You'd have to be insane to pay 50% more. The electricity isn't so bad but you don't get the EH 15p per kWh discount if you don't switch to their ridiculously over priced gas as well if you have a gas connection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts